Thursday, October 12, 2006

Back to SWEAT

I managed to heave myself out of bed and get to SWEAT this morning and that's another good cure for jetlag!

Today's session involved 1km fartlek loops with one long surge and one short surge and two floats in between. I made the mistake of going out too fast and trying to keep up with Ellie on the first one and paid for it on the next three loops. The first lap was 5.18 and it was all downhill from there. Next laps were 5.50, 5.48, 5.48 so at least they were consistent! Garth seems to think the average pace was 5.32 but that doesn't make sense based on the times and Ellie's was 5.36 and she finished about 30 secs ahead of me. I didn't have the 1km split timer on which would have been useful. Anyway it was a good session and nothing hurt which is even more remarkable!


7 Comments:

At 10:37 AM, Blogger Tesso said...

Welcome back Lulu. What a shame I missed you when I was in Sydney. Then again, looking at those holiday pics it wasn't a shame for you :-)

 
At 4:23 PM, Blogger miners said...

so good to have you back lulu (just LOVE the roma map!) and even better to hear that the jet-lagged running is niggle-free!!

You're right - you've got me on the movie-quote. I'm sure it's Cary and Audrey? in B+W, but have no idea of the movie :(

 
At 4:49 PM, Blogger Katie said...

It was so nice to see you this morning!!! Even though your dissapearing and I almost did not recognise you from behind :-)
Now we will have to organise a get together!!!!

 
At 8:26 PM, Blogger Ewen said...

I think Garth was also suffering from jet-lag. Or maybe he was just homesick for beautiful Italian scenery.

 
At 9:27 PM, Blogger Jen said...

That is great news Lulu. BTW, I think I managed to find your missing niggles....

 
At 11:02 AM, Blogger 2P said...

Nice one lulu and great to hear nothing hurts - welcome back friend ;-)

 
At 8:07 PM, Blogger Shane said...

I'm a little behind but welcome back. Great photo's, good to see the CR cap was packed aswell.

It's good to here that your niggles didn't appear, I pulled through my run this morning great aswell, so hopefully it's good times ahead for the both of us :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home