Tuesday, October 24, 2006

600ish

I was tempted to turn over and go back to sleep this morning but managed to get out of bed and down to the park for SWEAT.

After consulting Easy Tiger yesterday the knee was a lot better today so whatever he did seems to have worked. That was the good news, the bad news being that the stoopid hamstring started playing up again. Fine during the warm-up drills and strides. Still fine for the first rep and then it was all down hill from there.

I tried to ignore it on the 3rd rep and Ellie was tantalisingly close and not getting any further away which kept me pushing along. I started the fourth rep and my hamstring started complaining more loudly and so I jogged out the rep and then did a few laps of the oval with Bernie G. Disappointed not to be able to do the last 2 reps but better that than not being able to train for the rest of the week I suppose.

This is an annoying little niggle, not there most of the time but everynow and then during a speed session it rears it's ugly head.

ET had set me the goal of running my 600s in 3 mins but I was a little way off with times being 3.06, 3.09, 3.06. However, Mr lulu said he thought Sean's track was a little long this morning and when I checked Garth he had measure 640m and a pace of about 4.54/km for the reps, so I can say I acheived it in the world according to Garth!

Off to Pilates later for the first time in a week or so which should be interesting and the rest of the week's plan is:

Weds: 45 mins easy, and gym session
Thurs: Wild Wally and Pilates with Jen_runs
Fri:Spin and Pilates
Sat: 60 mins (might do the CR challenge if hammie is co-operative)
Sun: 90 mins

8 Comments:

At 10:01 AM, Blogger Ellie80 said...

good to both be back out on the track! sorry that the hammie was playing up though. take it easssssy and might see you sunday if you are free and i conclusively decide not to to the 10-20 run!!

 
At 10:16 AM, Blogger Gronk said...

Argh ! Niggles go away !

 
At 10:23 AM, Blogger 2P said...

Garth would never lie to you lulu - great work ;-)

 
At 4:09 PM, Blogger miners said...

ah, I always defer to the garmin - unless it measures short of course.

best of luck in getting on top of the hammie (so to speak). Hope Gary has another one of his magic bullets for you!

 
At 7:33 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Sorry to hear about your niggle. I'm sure it's just hanging around for a little TLC & will soon p*ss off. At least, I hope it does.

That's a huge program for the rest of the week Lulu. I'm so glad to see that you are well & truly back! Looking forward to catching up on Thursday :-)

 
At 8:54 PM, Blogger Ewen said...

You need ET to work on the hammies!

I'd say Garth was right. Sean just didn't want to call them 650s.

 
At 10:18 PM, Blogger Hilda said...

Wow those 600's were so long and tough and you just made a great work!

How lovely to be able to travel and combine running and sharing this with many people!

Hope you finally can trow away all those niggles. RUnning combines so many things! I feel so recover from niggles but now something is wrong with my stomach that I couldn't fix! grrrrrrrrr

 
At 4:45 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Long and sandy!! It was like running in a sand pit :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home