Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Lake 300s

My legs were really quite sore yesterday after the long run on Sunday, particularly the quads. I had a massage with ET but that was it yesterday.

This morning I was down at the park by 6 in time to do 1.5km to try and get the legs to losen up a bit which they did but I did have a worrying pain in my original dodgy knee so I hope that's not going to start bothering me again. It went away once I'd started the main session though so I'll keep a careful eye on it and increase the VMO and glute strengthening again.

This morning's session was 10 x300s for me and as the oval is still undergoing maintenance we were doing it on the lake track, running out and back. One way was definitely shorter than the other which was a bit disconcerting as I thought my times were really inconsistent until K told me she was 5 secs faster one way than the other too.

Splits were 1.30; 1.35; 1.32;1.37;1.30;1.40;1.33;1.45;1.33; 1.37
I was relatively pleased to maintain the pace apart from the 8th one which I deliberately did a bit slower to try and regain my composure! It's a long time since I've done 300s but looking at my blog the last time we did this session, the times were about the same but I couldn't manage to do all ten, so that's an improvement at least.

Off to Melbourne and Adelaide first thing tomorrow so will have to be disciplined to do my runs and keep myself moving over the next few days, especially as my quads feel totally stuffed now!

10 Comments:

At 3:38 PM, Blogger 2P said...

Yeah stay disciplined lulu - you wouldn't want to go backwards now -but by the same token - don't overcook yourself matey ;-)

 
At 4:49 PM, Blogger miners said...

I'm assuming it wasn't "exactly" out and back - otherwise the one way being shorter than the other is causing my mind all sorts of problems ;)

Have a(nother) fun trip away my jet-setting, snowflake-pigmented friend

 
At 7:38 PM, Blogger Ewen said...

10 x 300m used to be one of my favourite sessions.

That was a great Sunday long run. Afternoons can be good :)

 
At 9:45 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

That's a tough interval session. Did well to finish and keep it together.

 
At 2:34 AM, Blogger Hilda said...

Your main motivation right now should be the improvement shown!
Just take it easy now on the next sessions.

 
At 8:06 PM, Blogger Clairie said...

An improvement is an improvement. Great news that you managed to complete the session.
And all of that the day after ET's massage. Certainly things are looking good for you Lulu but don't ignore that pain in the knee. See how it goes over the next week.

Take care.

 
At 9:23 AM, Blogger PortRunr said...

10x300's can be tough...good running :)
Hope your travels are going well.

 
At 4:44 PM, Blogger CJ said...

Fingers crossed everything is okay with the original dodgy knee. take care.

Hope the Melbourne-Adelaide trip went well. Planning on any Canberra trips in the near future?

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger R2B said...

Thats a great benefit of a blog to be able to go back and see where you were previously.I can learn something from that.Tah.

R2B

 
At 5:42 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Glad to see the spring is back in your step!!! It was nice to see Mr Lulu last week!
See you tuesday :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home