Sunday, October 15, 2006

It's been a long time..

...since I've felt this good when I've been running. Had one of those great runs today when everything seemed to be quite easy.

Owlie and Ellie were out on the town last night picking up boys and so they didn't want to do an early morning run so we met this afternoon at 4pm instead. I don't normally run in the afternoon and I felt I couldn't settle down to anything during the day knowing a 2hr run was hanging over me. I was relieved when the time came for me to go down to the park.

Met the girls and we set off on a outside loop of the park, did a loop of the golf course and then back to our starting point where Owly set off for home and Ellie and I had a quick drink stop before heading out to do another outside loop minus the golf course. 2 hrs and just under 18kms later we were finished. The last 15 minutes just seemed to feel easy, I even put on a spurt of speed at the end because I was feeling so good.

Perhaps running later in the day when I've plenty of fuel in the system is the reason but I can't remember the last time I felt that good after a run and it's pretty good considering I haven't run that far this year. Let's hope I have few more of those in the next few weeks.

It was great to be running with the girls again as it's been a while since we were all doing our long runs together and the company was excellent and made the time go very quickly.

Very happy Lulu this evening, with only a slightly tight foot in the niggles department too. That will be sorted out tomorrow when I see Easy Tiger.

8 Comments:

At 8:23 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

Impressive big run. Well done.
That Italian training camp is paying off.

 
At 9:25 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Great news Lulu. I'm looking forward to being able to join you all again.

 
At 1:02 AM, Blogger Hilda said...

It is great when those days arrive. Still I find that there is not a certain formula to make them appear!

Not a good day to talk about niggles, it all seem wonderful!

 
At 6:37 AM, Blogger Ellie80 said...

lulu you were on fire - i was like a little kid tagging along a few metres behind trying to keep up!! glad you enjoyed - the company was definitely the highlight for me. i went home and still felt sick for ages so put myself to bed without the gourmet dinner we discussed. that will have to be tonights gastronomical experiment!

 
At 9:11 AM, Blogger CJ said...

Are you training for something Lulu or just felt like running 18km?! I can't say I am an afternoon runner - I seem to be afflicted with tummy troubles in the afternoon. However my new training program will see me doing at least one afternoon run a week - can't see how i'll fit it in otherwise.

 
At 9:20 AM, Blogger Simlin said...

Nice run! I was a bit slack this weekend.

I would love to meet up for a run when you are in Adelaide.

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger 2P said...

One of the best posts I've read in ages lulu - great stuff mate.

 
At 2:45 PM, Blogger Tesso said...

A 2 hour run - that's fantastic Lulu! Things are sure looking up.

How good is that feeling when it seems easier as you go along. There must be a marathon runner in you trying to escape :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home