Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Easy 10km

A bit of a late start, but headed down to do an outside loop of Centennial. Got a beep and a wave from SWEAT buddy Kerrie as she headed off to work.

As I 'm going to SWEAT tomorrow I thought I'd test out the hamstring by doing a quicker 1km in the middle of the run and that went well so hopefully I'll be able to do the tempo run around the lake tomorrow that is on the programme. Fingers and toes crossed.

The route I took was exactly 10km back to home and completed in 64mins with an average pace of 6.25 which felt pretty comfortable apart from running out of steam at about 7.5km. I think the half a banana I ate before I went out was used up! Managed to keep a reasonable pace up on the way home but was glad to see food and drink when I got home :)

4 Comments:

At 2:41 PM, Blogger 2P said...

Nice work lulu - that PB is starting to look under major threat at CC half ;-)

 
At 4:49 PM, Blogger Ewen said...

How can you afford half a banana? I wish the hammy good luck at SWEAT.

 
At 10:09 PM, Blogger PortRunr said...

Good run Lulu...good to hear you're keeping up all your sessions and keeping those niggles at a manageable level...hope they fade away and that SWEAT goes well.

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger Clairie said...

10km - nice easy midweek run Lulu.

I always run out of steam at the 7.5km mark - wether I am racing or just training easy. Weird.

I remember back when I was young (ha ha ha ha) we used to just pull the banannas off the trees. Now they come in their own individual box to protect them and keep them longer.
:)))

 

Post a Comment

<< Home