Sunday, November 12, 2006

Run with the 'roos

Just back from a very pleasant weekend in Orange. We were staying about 10km out of town, up near a forest so naturally that's where we headed for Saturday's run.

I struggled with this one for the first 30 mins and it wasn't helped by there being a lot of hills which were long and steep and some walking was resorted to. Once we hit the dirt trail into the forest I felt a lot better and managed a final hill or two before turning around and doing a shorter downhill section back to the guest house.

On the way back out of the forest a mob of wallabies bounced across the road in front of me which quite made my day! I just wish I had that much bounce in my step today!

Saturday night we went out for dinner in the centre of Orange to an excellent restaurant called Lolli Redini; highly recommended by the Lulu household if you happen to be in Orange. We abandoned the Lulumobile in town and caught a cab home.

Our mission on Sunday was to retrieve the car as part of our long run so at 6.15 we headed off towards town. There were a couple of very nasty long hills to deal with near the start of the run and then it was undulating all the way into town. I was relieved to see the car but as we had only done an hour we stopped for a quick swig of water and then headed out of town again on the other side. After 90 mins we turned around and headed back to the car for the second time.

I felt a lot better than Saturday, even ran all the way up the nasty long hill (about 1.5km long) and felt strong all the way through. Just got a small niggle to deal with still in my tib post but a double whammy of seeing the super-pod and Easy Tiger tomorrow should sort that out.

Weekend total: 26km, noice!

7 Comments:

At 9:09 PM, Blogger PortRunr said...

Orange now? My you do get around! I like the idea of turning your long run into a car retrieval session!

 
At 9:44 PM, Blogger 2P said...

Wow 26k for the weekend!!!

Pretty darn snazzy lulu ;-)

 
At 10:12 AM, Blogger Tesso said...

Nothing wrong with the old car retrieval run, must admit I've done it on more than one occasion.

Great weekend mileage :-)

 
At 3:05 PM, Blogger Ellie80 said...

very noice indeed!

apparently kangaroo is very high in iron...

 
At 6:37 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

Thanks for today. Much appreciated.

Glad you saved the day after my wife failed to turn up. Stinking bitch.

[I'm blaming the general anaesthetic for anything I write today]

 
At 6:39 PM, Blogger Samurai Running said...

Hi Lulu

I spent time in orange as a young kid. In fact near molong just outside of Orange in a small place called Laris Lee. There was/is only one house and a postoffice. That house was/is my cousins' place. Saw lots of Kangaroos, rabbits and Sunflowers as a kid. Nice place!

 
At 10:46 PM, Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

I think that the best part about your job is that slowly, gradually, by increments, you're getting to run around Australia! There's something about running in the country, even on the side of a road, that is so cool :-)

Gnome

 

Post a Comment

<< Home