Thursday, November 09, 2006

Big Bertha won

Today was an encounter with Big Bertha and Beki chose this as her first SWEAT session! I woke up feeling very tired and lacking any energy and so even the warm up and drills seemed a major effort.

Mr lulu assured me that once I got going I'd feel better.. well he lied! Actually, I was focussing so much on just keeping going that I didn't actually think about feeling tired just that my legs and lungs were burning.

Once I got to 7 laps Mr lulu had finished so he started running the uphill sections with me and coaching me along. Being lucky last today, I had half the squad cheering me on up the last rep and I was relieved to finally finish in 28.08. This is 38 secs slower than the last time I did it but considering my lack of energy I'm just pleased to have forced myself to do all ten laps and it gives me a nice easy time to beat next time :)


10 Comments:

At 10:49 AM, Blogger Ellie80 said...

good on you for sticking it out and getting there in the first place. you rock!!

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger Sekhmet said...

You did better than I did Lulu! Well done, now I understand why everyone starts quaking when you mention Big Bertha....but what doesn't kill you will make you stronger ;-)

Thanks for looking after me this morning and introducing me to "the class" lol

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger Hilda said...

That's the advantage of having a great coach!

Who cares about a small difference on time? You made a great effort!

 
At 2:19 PM, Blogger 2P said...

Well done lulu you are one tuff chick ;-)

 
At 9:06 PM, Blogger Ewen said...

Well done on the ten laps Lulu - that sounds like one tough session!

 
At 8:17 AM, Blogger Horrie said...

Your's was the gutsiest effort of the day. When you finished your 9th I was just about ready to congratulate you but then saw you keep ploughing forward. Lulu, it is not always about the time. Slugging out 10 laps of Big Bertha when you are feeling below par is a momentous achievement. Bask in the glory of having the guts to finish the session when the easier option would have been to pull the pin.

 
At 2:30 PM, Blogger Samurai Running said...

Hi Lulu

Sounds like a good effort in spite of your lack of energy. What is that? I never understand it somedays I should lack energy but I don't and other days I'm rested and healthy and I just feel like I'm carrying someone on my back.

 
At 8:35 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Count that as another win over Big Bertha, Lulu. I like Mr Lulu's way of psyching you up....He lied? It worked!

 
At 7:38 AM, Blogger CJ said...

I so know how you felt - that is exactly how I'm feeling along with the blah feelings. Thanks for you wishes - I think I am getting better but not well enough to run yet. Even the thought of running tires me out! Only trouble is I have the Two Peaks Classic event next Saturday - eek!
And I did manage to get chocolate - a very lovely work colleague took pity on me and bought Lindt balls yesterday!

 
At 9:25 PM, Blogger Jen said...

You will even the score during the rematch.

I can't make the Thursday night class with Satanic Pilates Instructor but K does one at 1pm on Wed & as you can imagine, it wasn't easy. Are you free?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home