Sunday, November 05, 2006

New territory

I'd arranged to meet a posse of CR gals for our long run today so at 7 we picked up Beki, followed by our own ironwoman Ellie and drove to the Drummoyne rowers to meet up with Caro and the Owl. Duly assembled Mr lulu headed off to do a few laps of the bay and we all headed off across the iron cove bridge following Owl's instructions.

Down Victoria Rd, over Anzac Bridge ( a short stop to deal with my wardrobe malfunction, of the brassiere kind), around the fish markets (a bit on the nose!) and then into Glebe. At this point I completely lost all sense of where I was but was told later that we did the back streets of Glebe, a bit of Annandale, did a little detour to see the Owl's wetlands and then up a hill, down Lilyfield road and back to the bay where we ran back to the car.


We dropped off some of our party here and Caro and I continued with a extra 25 mins. We knew we didn't have time to make it around the bay so it was a quick out and back section before arriving back to the car. We were very pleased to see the last section and picked up the pace running a 6.15 last km. I think we were hungry at that point!
Then a very pleasant brekkie at the new Cove cafe and home for a long hot bath.

According to Garth we covered 17.25 but Motion Based reckons 17.9 which is more accurate I think as I did have some drop outs and some of the 1km splits look too slow and I know we weren't running that slowly. Another long one in the bank.

A great way to start a sunday, with some good company, exploring some new areas and topping it off with a nice breakfast.

7 Comments:

At 6:39 PM, Blogger Ellie80 said...

lovely as always :) bet there will be some curiosity about what a 'wardrobe malfunction of the brassiere kind' is... hehe

 
At 7:15 PM, Blogger Sekhmet said...

Wow - that's an impressive looking picture! Do you have an elevation profile too???

At least I know my Pod wasn't far out and Ellie will be happy to see it was further than she thought

Great to see you again, catch you Thursday :-)

 
At 9:30 PM, Blogger Ewen said...

That's quite a weekend Lulu - 9k in Wagga Wagga and nearly 18 today. I'm totally not curious, but did your bra 'fail'?

Look after Beki on Thursday - I think she's a bit nervous.

 
At 1:33 AM, Blogger 2P said...

Bugger a malfunction of the brassiere kind - and I missed it.... though I'm not entirely sure whether it is good or bad about missing Owly's wetland...

;-)

Nice work lulu - you are on a rol at the moment - keep it going mate.

 
At 6:55 AM, Blogger Tesso said...

Good stuff Lulu.

Your run brings back memories of my various Sydney hols. I tend to run around all those places too :-)

So where is the new cafe?

 
At 9:28 AM, Blogger Simlin said...

No mention of niggles...that must have been a good run!

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger Wobbly man said...

Way to go Lulu! Sounds like quite an impressive flock you had running together - I can only imagine the noise...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home