Thursday, November 02, 2006

Lake laps

I thought I'd have trouble getting up this morning but in fact I was awake before the alarm went off and ready for SWEAT. We ran in from the gates as part of our warm up and then it was the normal drills and strides before heading to the lake.

I had 1 x 2 laps and 1 x 1 lap on the programme
. A lap of the lake is just under 1.5km. Sean told me to keep an eye on the hammie and not lengthen my stride too much.

Off we went; one of the other girls ran with me for a while before I left her behind. She is normally about the same pace as me and it was nice to have company for the first section. I felt pretty comfortable in the first lap but the rest of the squad soon disappeared. First lap was 8mins. Second lap and I was on my own and I was so focused on running that I went the wrong way and ended up doing a few extra twists and turns to get back on track. How can you get lost running around a lake I ask you.. Then it was onto the home straight; 2 laps 16.40. I definitely slowed a little in the last lap but tried to keep the leg speed going. I started to feel a bit nauseous but told myself that was good because it meant I was working hard and the feeling went away.

Because S and I were the last to finish, we only had 2 mins break whilst everyone else had 4-5 mins. So before I knew it we were off again. At least I didn't get lost this time as the rest of the squad were at least in view most of the time. One lap; 8 mins again so consistent. Mr lulu was there to cheer me on in the final straight.

So I'm back at the back of the squad again, albeit with one other person for company. Where have all the other slower runners gone?

6 Comments:

At 12:00 PM, Blogger Ellie80 said...

i haven't gone anywhere! just been a bit iron deficient... hopefully back next week!!!! hehe - you got lost around the lake... :)

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger 2P said...

Nice work lulu ;-)

I just noticed your monthly total table too - 3 consecutive months > 100k with an upward trend - very consistent - looking good!

 
At 1:08 PM, Blogger Sekhmet said...

Don't worry Lulu, I'm thinking of joining up soon - I might come along one morning next week to try it out (you won't be on your own at the back then)

:-)

 
At 1:35 PM, Blogger Simlin said...

"Where have all the other slower runners gone?"

At home I imagine...

 
At 10:01 PM, Blogger Ewen said...

Great that you're back there Lulu.

Now, I would have thought it impossible to get lost running around a lake! You 'did a Horrie'!

 
At 7:24 AM, Blogger R2B said...

Hi Lulu have you considered running with a metronome on your watch to make sure your legs turn over quicker yet your stride is shorter?Might help with injury prevention once you get used to it?

Cheers R2B

 

Post a Comment

<< Home