Saturday, November 04, 2006

Wonderful Wagga Wagga,

.. so good they named it twice. Actually, I don't mind being in Wagga, it's got quite a nice feel about it and more importantly a nice track alonside the river to run along.

The alarm went off at 6 and I was tempted to turn over and sleep for another year but instead got up and made a cup of tea and pottered for a while before heading out.

I made my way down to the river via a slightly different route than normal and then headed off along the river bank. I decided to try and pick up the pace for most of the run and see what felt comfortable. I seem to be able to tune into 5.55 pace quite well and maintain it.

I reached the end of the normal track that i run on and carried on following a dirt road/path along the river. This is where I encountered a small group of youths walking along, who looked at me curiously but seemed harmless enough. Then I reached a section that was more bush like and it wasn't clear where the path went. Another group of yoofs who were lurking around here, waving and shouting and one even offered to run with me. Noice!

This group worried me a bit more particularly as I was now a little way out of town and there weren't may other people around so it was at this point that I decided turning around seemed like the sensible option.

Again I maintained the pace back until I reached 8km and then did a 1km or so to cool down and back to my hotel. I felt great after this run and it gave me a bit of a confidence boost that I am getting fitter. Overall 9.5km and average pace of 6.13/km.

Whilst I was dealing with the yoof of Wagga Mr lulu was dealing with the Striders Lane Cove course. He is definitely firmly on the comeback trail now running a course PB of 40.55. Last time he ran this course he did 42.41 and he doesn't consider himself racing fit as yet so there should be better to come over the next few months as long as he doesn't break anything.

7 Comments:

At 7:53 PM, Blogger Simlin said...

Gotta watch out for yoofs like me, especially when you are running so fast!

 
At 8:35 PM, Blogger Samurai Running said...

Hello Lulu

By way of introduction. I've been reading your blog and hope to come back to see how things are going from time to time.

Thanks Scott Brown

 
At 8:55 PM, Blogger Sekhmet said...

Hey there chicky babe! Looks like the old legs are feeling a bit better after doing a lot of nuffink so tomorrow is the go! I'm looking forward to my first long run in a verrrrrrrrrrry long time (about three and a half months to be exact). Please don't lose me! lol

See you bright and early :-)

 
At 9:10 PM, Blogger Ellie80 said...

hehe - nice pace there my dear! and good to see you are networking with all different demographics while you are venturing across the countryside. see you tomorrow AM :)

 
At 9:13 PM, Blogger Tesso said...

Who'd have thought running in Wagga Wagga would be so pleasant (except for the lads).

 
At 11:20 AM, Blogger Hilda said...

It still should be nice to be able to run anywhere you want to. That is not possible where I live. Lucky me I can run in a huge hotel!

Nice pace you are reaching better to be able to share it with Mr Lulu :)

 
At 4:30 PM, Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

Glad your Wagga run was completed without yoof interruption! and it's good to hear you feeling better.

I, also , managed to cheer Steve on mid race as he went flying past. Congrats to him on the PB.

TA

 

Post a Comment

<< Home