Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Melbourne cup track

I must be used to daylight saving now as I woke up before the alarm and was champing at the bit, ready for the SWEAT track session.

Today's programme was 4 x 800s for me and Mr lulu was doing 1200s. The oval is still not usable so we were running around the large grass area. I certainly didn't take off like a thoroughbred but didn't feel like a carthorse either.

Times were: 4.14; 4.14; 4.17; 4.10

I haven't done 800s for ages but these are quicker than when I last did them by 3 or 4 seconds and I haven't done 4 in a row before, plus I was able to run the last one harder so I'm pacing myself a bit better.

No niggles to worry about the and hamstring didn't complain at all this session.

8 Comments:

At 9:27 AM, Blogger Tesso said...

Well done Lulu! You're getting faster and tougher by the day.

 
At 9:29 AM, Blogger Gronk said...

What a fine filly you are. ;)

 
At 9:32 AM, Blogger Ellie80 said...

you flew home in that last lap!! good to see! enjoy cup day!

 
At 7:51 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

You're on fire at the moment as a stayer.

No dog-food factory for you.

 
At 8:12 PM, Blogger R2B said...

Just looking at the consistency of those splits Lulu, they are awesome!
You should be more than happy with that,yet you can do more!!

Cheers R2B

 
At 9:16 PM, Blogger Ewen said...

A 'two quarter horse' perhaps?

Definite signs of improvement Lulu - well done!

 
At 9:33 PM, Blogger 2P said...

Wow and look at that last one!!!

Very nice work lulu ;-)

 
At 10:18 PM, Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

One of these days you're going to get a shock when you realise that you haven't even thought about niggles for a while! I love reading about runs that just happen with no worries (oh, apart from the occasional worrisome youf :-) )

Gnome

 

Post a Comment

<< Home