Friday, December 01, 2006

Easy Friday

Yesterday I went for my final tune up with Easy Tiger and he has prounouced me ready to go! My legs feel pretty good after a lighter week and the calf twinge I had after tuesday's session has not reappeared and is unlikely to after ET spent time on it.

So today was just an easy 30 mins and I wanted to stay off any hills as they tend to irritate my calves so I drove down to the park and did a loop of the inside track. I did a couple of the middle Kms at roughly my intended pace for Sunday which felt pretty good. That's it then, ready to go. I've got a busy couple of days and have to fly to Tamworth and back for work on Saturday which isn't ideal but I'm sure with an early night and some pasta on Saturday I'll be ready for action.

I've got a few goals in mind; obviously I'd like to better my current half time but at the very least I'm going to focus on running at an even pace, and focussing on my form in the back half the race when I start to get tired. Of course I intend to have fun too which should be easy as I'll have so many of my fun running buddies with me!

7 Comments:

At 1:32 PM, Blogger Ellie80 said...

yayay!! this is going to be loads of fun - you'll do great!

 
At 5:10 PM, Blogger Ewen said...

I'm sure you'll better your current half time Lulu - you're in good shape. Just concentrate and go for it!

 
At 6:23 PM, Blogger miners said...

Ready to go?!? Yay!!!

However, I doubt very much whether anything ET said would have influenced your plans for the weekend :)

 
At 9:00 PM, Blogger Samurai Running said...

All the best Lulu.

Getting to the line healthy with a good build up is a winning combination. You'll do well!

 
At 11:24 PM, Blogger 2P said...

Hey lulu - great stuff mate - I'm expetcting to read sub 2.05....

Sorry I can't be there - recent events have just made it very difficult.

Enjoy it though - you are going to do great.

 
At 2:17 AM, Blogger Neese said...

your half is this sunday? i look forward to the race report, sounds like you are ready to go! :o)

 
At 9:46 AM, Blogger Hilda said...

Seems like I arrived on time for wishing you good luck and tell you to enjoy! How lovely to see friends and run with them!!

Thanks for visiting me and wish me good things!

Corre con el corazon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home