Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Still here!

My legs were very stiff and sore after the race and my orthotics went off to be recovered whilst I was recovering so I had a few days of rest. I was back on the road by Friday to test out my legs.

The calf was a bit sore but not as bad as I feared and Saturday it was better than Friday. Friday I did 3o mins and Saturday about 45 mins. My legs were still a bit fatigued even then.

Today, I decided to try out my calf at SWEAT. I had four laps of the lake on the programme and managed one before my calf complained. I did another couple of laps at an easy pace which it doesn't seem to mind so much. Looks like some slow runs will be on the agenda for a while until it recovers. That's probably not a bad thing as I'm feeling very tired and am finding running very hard work at the moment. I'm not sure if it's just me recovering from the HM or something more. I'll see how I feel in the next few days.

Thanks for all the comments on the race. I'm feeling pretty good about it now and have a few things to learn from the experience. I'll definitely make sure I drink some sports drink and not just water the day before to prevent the cramping. In terms of training, I think what I was lacking here was more race fitness. I'd hardly done any races this year and only one 9km race in the lead up to the half. Mr lulu has decreed that I'll be doing more races in the next few months. I was hoping to start this on Sunday out at SMC but I'm not sure it's wise considering the calf issues so it will have to wait until that is fixed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home