Thursday, December 21, 2006

Sunshine!

I've had lots of lovely sunshine this week as I've been up in that wonderful state of QLD. A day of work in Brissie on Monday and then it was up to Peregian Beach on the Sunshine Coast for a few days relaxation.

Some friends were renting a house near the beach and I must say I could really get used to the QLD lifestyle.. I like getting back from a run and cooling off in the pool for a start.

Tuesday I headed out to explore the area and found the backstreets along the beach to the south towards Coolum. Sadly, they ran out and I ended up on the main road, with no footpath so I backtracked and called it a day after 7kms. The good news was that my legs have finally come back to life and I was feeling more like my normal self. Maybe it was just the recovering running it's natural course or perhaps had something to do with the mega doses of Vit B I took, thanks to the sage advice of 2P.

Thursday, I headed the other way towards Noosa. I knew that there was a path for miles in that direction as my friend and I had walked the 12kms to Noosa on Wednesday morning. A nice and comfortable 8kms.

Now I'm back in Sydney, facing the approaching Christmas season, desparately under-prepared as usual. Good thing I've at least made the Christmas puds so we'll have one thing to eat!

6 Comments:

At 8:02 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

Yeh, it sounds like a real shambles over there for Christmas.
The Bronte RSL or meals-on-wheels is the go if Mr Lulu is too busy smashing PBs.

 
At 9:05 PM, Blogger Ewen said...

Don't chip your teeth on the sixpences ;)

 
At 9:43 PM, Blogger 2P said...

Nice work on the Noosa runs lulu - good to see it wasn't all Mai Tai's and watching the pool boy work ;-)

 
At 8:42 AM, Blogger speedygeoff said...

Christmas rain is on its way..

 
At 11:25 AM, Blogger Simlin said...

Merry Christmas Lulu!

 
At 4:41 PM, Blogger Tesso said...

Ooooh, you are making me so jealous talking about your runs up the coast - I just love it up there!

Hope you and Mr Lulu have a wonderful Christmas. All the best for an injury free 2007 :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home