Saturday, December 23, 2006

The plan

As I've been away for most of the week, there's been no Pilates so I decided I'd better get up to the gym this morning and do a class before my abs dissolve into Christmas. I also had an hours run on the programme. So my plan was to run around the park and end up at the gym and do a class.

The plan went pretty well for the first bit of the run until I ended up at the Bondi Junction end of the park and still had 15 mins to do. In my quest for hills I ran down York St to Birrell St and ran up that. Well, I ran up most of it with a small walk on the steepest bit to re-gain my composure. It was hot and humid this morning so I finally arrived at the gym with a definite glow.

One flaw in the plan was that I was tired and so probably didn't get as much out of class as I could have done and I needed something to eat. I'll have to modify the plan if I do this again and maybe take the car up the junction and run from there. The other flaw in the plan was that the bus home pulled out of the bus stop just as I stepped out of the gym and so I ended up catching another one as far as it went on my route and then walking the rest of the way home. Needless to say breakfast of scrambled eggs and Marmite on toast went down extremely well after all that.

4 Comments:

At 1:54 PM, Blogger speedygeoff said...

When I read your writup of the half marathon where you thought you had needed more racing, I would have agreed. But along with that is the principle of avoiding doing things which promote injury. The balance is a tricky one, isn't it? Sometimes you can avoid injury by only racing much shorter distances while building up to a marathon. Not too short; 100m races would be crazy! When the race times improve, which they do, often remarkably, with the longer training, it really helps build confidence.

 
At 2:13 PM, Blogger 2P said...

All good plans need refining over time - nice work with the hills lulu ;-)

 
At 2:22 PM, Blogger Jen said...

What 2P said ;-)

As for the hills, I think once all the Sydney PG girls are back, it might be time for a road trip to the Mountains. I could probably con my dad into cooking breakfast for us afterwards, hehe!

 
At 1:04 PM, Blogger PortRunr said...

Heat, humidity and hills is a tough combination!
Hope you and S have a great Christmas, and all the best for the New Year :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home