Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Test run

Christmas Day included my annual sleep-in. I didn't get up until 11 which is practically unheard of in our household. This included breakfast in bed, served by Mr lulu... luxury. He then did most of the cooking for Christmas lunch where we were joined by the illusive Don Juan and as well as the mother in law.

I decided to have an extra rest day on Boxing Day to give my itb a chance to sort itself. I'd diagnosed a tight TFL in the glute and after much stretching and rolling about on the tennis ball and muscle equaliser it loosened up and voila... no itb problems. That was the theory anyway and a fairly hilly walk on Tuesday presented no problems so I went out this morning to test it out on a run.

Apart from being a bit tender around the knee I had absolutely no problems with it all, not even on the hill on the way back from the park. I kept it short today, just doing 5.3kms as I didn't want to push my luck. I'm very relieved, as I didn't confess on Sunday how bad it was. My knee actually started to give way under me, was extremely painful, and I could hardly even walk at the end of the run. So to be able to run today without any problems is a major relief. Needless to say I will be keeping a very careful eye on it over the next few days to make sure no serious damage has been done.

6 Comments:

At 7:57 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Phew. That's good news Lulu. Look after yourself. I'm glad to hear that Mr Lulu is spoiling you - enjoy tomorrow :-)

 
At 8:32 PM, Blogger Sekhmet said...

Yikes - that sounds like something you need to be careful with, we can't have you injured again after your big comeback ;)

Glad to hear you had a good sleep in and a luverly breakfast in bed!

 
At 8:39 PM, Blogger CJ said...

Fingers crossed everything is ok - must start the new year in good condition! Our xmas day was a quiet one - just the family. Received great presents, ate too much and generally felt like a blob!

Looking forward to catching up when you are down this way!

 
At 9:32 PM, Blogger Cirque said...

Good luck and take care Lulu!

 
At 10:17 PM, Blogger 2P said...

Looks like bloglines will let me play from the cackleberry!

Great news on the knee lulu - keep it going mate :-)

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger Ellie80 said...

heya - hope that your outer loop fartlek was as much fun as you'd hoped! sorry to be a grump this morning - seeing you guys was definitely the highlight!

keep yourself in one piece!!

E

 

Post a Comment

<< Home