Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Back on my feet

Today was a good day. I walked for about 5 mins and then ran for 40 mins and 6kms! Yay! Hip/glute is feeling a lot better and I think me and Easy Tiger have fixed it. A slight bit of residual soreness but I'm sure that will gradually go if I take it easy.

I also had one of my bestest friends in town. I travelled around the world with my friend Kiki and she now lives in Northern Cyprus so I don't see her very often. She arrived on a flying visit through Sydney yesterday on her way back to Cyprus. Today we did the walk from the Taronga Zoo to Balmoral and then had lunch at the Bathers Pavilion. A perfect way to spend a perfect Sydney day.

My hip was a little bit sore after the 8km bushwalk but feels fine again now and I'll make sure I stretch before bedtime!

Off to Wagga Wagga in the morning for a couple of days and I hope to slip in another short run whilst I'm there.. fingers crossed there's no ill effects from today!

11 Comments:

At 8:38 PM, Blogger Jen said...

GREAT news Lulu!!

 
At 8:49 PM, Blogger Ewen said...

Excellent Lulu!

You should organise your run along the river to finish at the beach for a refreshing dip :)

 
At 9:27 PM, Blogger CJ said...

Its alweays good to catch up with firends who you don't see often and who live far away. Hope you had a great day.

Also good news about your hip/glute. Fingers crossed its all fixed!

 
At 10:23 PM, Blogger Ellie80 said...

yay!! fingers crossed it keeps feeling ok. take it easy and enjoy the big W :)

 
At 10:23 PM, Blogger Ellie80 said...

yay!! fingers crossed it keeps feeling ok. take it easy and enjoy the big W :)

 
At 8:17 AM, Blogger Gronk said...

Lets hope the running gods allow you some consistency now. You've had your fair share of injuries Lulu. Fingers crossed for ya !

 
At 9:10 AM, Blogger Tesso said...

Looking very hopeful Lulu :-)

So, you didn't take your friend to Wagga Wagga? What sort of tourist guide are you.

 
At 9:43 AM, Blogger Don Juan said...

Take it easy.

 
At 12:50 PM, Blogger 2P said...

Woohooo - this is fantastic news Lulu.

Can't wait till the next installment ;-)

 
At 9:16 PM, Blogger miners said...

All your friends have such lovely names :)

 
At 5:15 AM, Blogger Black Knight said...

I am happy to read good news! Now it's time that you go to Cyprus and if the connecting flight is in Rome, please make a call.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home