Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Slowly, slowly

We're getting there. Easy Tiger definitely hit the spot yesterday as I felt a lot better this morning. I walked for about 800 m, stretched and then took off through Queen's Park and the middle of Centennial and back home for a total of 5km running. I had one or two short walk breaks to see how things felt in between, which helped as well.

Things felt a lot better with only the odd twinge here and there, so I'm encouraged things are going in the right direction. My hip is a little bit sore now but I'll fix that with the tennis ball later. I probably should have done slightly less but I'll have a couple of days off again now before I try again. I've another physio appointment tomorrow so we'll see what he says.

11 Comments:

At 10:32 AM, Blogger Tesso said...

Looking very promising Lulu!

It just occurred to me the things we runners do just so we can run - the pain, the time, the money etc. And we wonder why 'the others' call us crazy :-)

 
At 11:15 AM, Blogger Ellie80 said...

good news lulu - rest up and hope the physio goes well!

 
At 12:34 PM, Blogger 2P said...

Lulu - I just love your grit and determination. As I build up for Six Foot it's stories like yours that keep me inspired.

Ta mate ;-)

 
At 1:44 PM, Blogger Katie said...

On the road again.....

Glad to hear it!!!

 
At 5:30 PM, Blogger PortRunr said...

Good to hear you've knocked over a couple of runs in a row. Sounds positive Lulu.

 
At 7:03 PM, Blogger Shane said...

It's good to read that a few more runs have occurred. Very Positive!

 
At 8:43 PM, Blogger the_en4cer said...

Nice to see you're back running again. Hope the body niggles allow you to keep it up.

 
At 8:53 PM, Blogger Ewen said...

Good news Lulu. Keep it going... ever so gradually.
:)

 
At 10:00 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

Good luck with the physio.

 
At 12:35 PM, Blogger Hilda said...

You say slow I say forward!

Those are good news, you are actually running again!

 
At 9:10 PM, Blogger CJ said...

Good to hear things are coming along - patience is required!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home