Monday, February 05, 2007

A week's worth!

After prompting by DJ I thought I'd better update the old blog. Haven't felt like blogging.. probably too busy!

A spent three days in Perth last week and managed two runs along the river which were great. I did 8km on the Weds am and 5km with 2 500m surges on the Thursday. First time running two days in a row for a while and felt fine, in fact the hip was better on the second day.

Back in Sydney feeling pretty tired from the work and travel and so I ended up having two rest days before heading out with The Owl and Ellie on Sunday morning. It was hot and Ellie is still struggling with her cold and The Owl says she thinks she was still a bit tipsy from the night before :) We ended up pulling the plug at 50 mins and 7.5km as my left lateral quad started to niggle. This bothered me last year and put me back a few weeks on my last recovery so I'm being extremely cautious at the moment. No rush, and I'd rather build up slowly than incur another problem.

Having said that, my plan this week includes doing a SWEAT session tomorrow, but taking it relatively easy. I'm also going to do a longer run on Weds before having a day off. We'll see how it goes.

10 Comments:

At 10:35 AM, Blogger Ellie80 said...

thank you for being so supportive of my ever changing plans this weekend - and feeding me in the usual lulu/wtr gourmet style. I think you've ruined me for chocolate pudding forever, nothing could come close.... :)

 
At 11:57 AM, Blogger miners said...

I'd been wondering where lulu_blogs had been! Great to see you're still the ever sensible one with the softly softly approach. Come back easy lulu :)

 
At 12:53 PM, Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

You are very lucky to run with good supportive friends that understand when the plug has to be pulled.

All the best at SWEAT this week.

TA

 
At 2:50 PM, Blogger Tesso said...

Good to see you girls are so much in sync when it comes to plug pulling :-)

 
At 3:11 PM, Blogger 2P said...

Yes Lulu - you do have responsibilities to your adoring fans - keep blogging :-)

Runs on the river sound great in Perth - nice work.

 
At 8:02 PM, Blogger Black Knight said...

First time running two days in a row is a good signal for your complete recover. I have almost forgotten the last time I did it: in middle november 2006!!!!

 
At 9:29 PM, Blogger Ewen said...

That Owly!

Cautious is good Lulu, but you forgot about what we're all here for... how are the 8/12 sessions going!?

 
At 8:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My 4 weeks sans alcohol coincides with my holidays - work are running a tab to see how long I will last!

Will you be at the hairdressers this Thursday?

wt

 
At 9:35 PM, Blogger Samurai Running said...

Hi Lulu

good to see you blogging again. All the best with the come back.
I'll be following.

 
At 10:22 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

About time. You have been a jet-setter.
Thanks for the update; I wasn't the only one out there waiting.

On the theme of photos, Scott could be in 'shower scene from psycho'.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home