Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Will I ever learn?

Yesterday, as planned I went to SWEAT. It was really hard and I was really slow...anything else you want to know?

We had 2 x2 km reps and then 1 x1km. I was obviously overcome with excitement on the first one and took off like a startled rabbit, and keeping up with people who I clearly shouldn't have been near... only to be a flagging startled rabbit on the second km. The next rep I took a lot slower but it still hurt so I sped up again to get it over and done with :)

The 1km rep was just hard. A tough re-introduction to SWEAT sessions.

Times: 11.24, 11.46, and 5.46 v e r y s l o w.... Still it's start I suppose.

Today I thought I'd just back that up with a gentle 50 mins jog. It was really hard and I probably underestimated how much the SWEAT session took out of me yesterday. My legs weren't stiff but there just didn't seem to be any oomph. I ended up doing some walking breaks and then realising that I would be late leaving for the city so I had to run again. It turned into quite a stressful 55 mins!

As usual I've been trying to do too much too soon. I should have scheduled a day off running after SWEAT yesterday. The good news is the hip is feeling OK so hopefully no damage done. I was going to gym later but I'll be sensible and save that for tomorrow.

Ewen asked about the 8/12 and last week I had to give them a miss as I was travelling and there was no gym at the hotel. Back to that tomorrow though. I did ask Prof. Boutcher, who was online at the Daily Tele last week about how much benefit you'd get if you were already relatively fit and a runner. His answer was that if you weren't already doing sprint interval training then you would get some benefit. So I'm going to count my SWEAT sessions as one session and try and do two other 8/12s at the gym. Sounds like a plan!

I'm being forced to migrate to Blogger 2 so if you subscribe to my blog through bloglines you will have to re-sucsribe I think.

7 Comments:

At 10:52 AM, Blogger Jen said...

You & I should make a pact - if in doubt, don't! Owly pointed out to me on the phone on Sunday (ever so diplomatically) that we both have the tendancy to overdo things. We will learn our lession - one day
:-)

Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow!!

 
At 1:37 PM, Blogger 2P said...

Nice comeback lulu - well done ;-)

 
At 4:16 PM, Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

Remember at sweat to start out slower and build into it. Then you can't be dragged along with the rabbits ;-).

Glad to hear the hip's ok.

TA

 
At 4:50 PM, Blogger Tesso said...

Hey, at least you are back :-) And it won't be like starting over totally, your body will remember that its been through all this stuff before.

I was forced to migrate as well, in fact I tried to log onto old blogger one day and it basically told me where to go. Very annoying, I've lost subscribers and others are having problems getting updates or commenting.

 
At 5:23 PM, Blogger Gronk said...

Good news on the hip.

I thought about the 8/12 thing - for 8 seconds then I decided not to bother. I have appointed you as my guinea pig instead. :)

 
At 9:30 PM, Blogger Ewen said...

Your feed is still working for me Lulu. They must have it sorted - how many millions is Google worth?

Speeding up to get it over and done with! I like it :)

That's a plan - keep us posted.

 
At 9:31 PM, Blogger CJ said...

I know the startled rabbit routine - and by the end I'm usually a pretty knackered rabbit! Sometimes i just don't learn.....

And now I know why Bloglines said I had 26 unread entries for your blog! Thought you'd been working overtime!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home