Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Return to the lake

I like the SWEAT sessions we do around the lake. It's a good path and the scenery takes your mind off the pain!

I had 1 x1 lap and then 1 x 2 laps on my programme. Sean told us to go hard on the first rep as we'd have plenty of recovery. So off I went, and by half way I was already feeling it. Once I hit the home straight I managed to catch up with Becky O for the finishing push. Time: 7.45, which I think it probably a lake PB for me as I haven't been below 8 mins before.

A jog recovery for 6 mins and then we were off again. My legs were feeling the first effort and I was considerably slower on these laps and I was conscious that I had two laps rather than one. In the end I went through the first lap in 8.24, and finished in 16.45, only 5 secs slower than I was doing 2 laps before my injury, so I'm quite happy with that.

That's enough 'speedy' stuff for me for a few days, so I'll have a running rest day tomorrow, a slow run on Thursday and Saturday and then I'll be tackling another 5km race. This time we're off to Orange, where Mr lulu and Running Angel are doing the half. There's a 10km as well but for now I'm going to stick to the 5km and aim for the 10km at Canberra.

6 Comments:

At 10:07 AM, Blogger Bernie G said...

You looked very strong this morning, and congrats on the PB that's huge.

 
At 12:28 PM, Blogger Wobbly man said...

How do we know that we actually enjoy running if we enjoy it more when our mind is taken of it? Just a thought!

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger Ewen said...

7.45 is well under 8 minutes! Have a good time in Orange. Getting your 5k time down will help the pace of the 10k feel easier in Canberra.

 
At 8:30 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Have a lovely trip to Orange this weekend Lulu. See you next week for a Lindt visit & then a ROAD TRIP!

 
At 2:46 AM, Blogger Neese said...

congrats on the "lake PB", that's impressively faster than 8minutes! nice job!

 
At 6:32 AM, Blogger Black Knight said...

Wow a very busy racing period! Your PB is a good omen for the next races.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home