Monday, February 19, 2007

Spectacular!

I had a choice to make on Sunday morning as to whether I would head to Smithfield and run in the SMC 5km around the barren industrial landscape or, stay at home and do something a little more scenic and do a longer run.

In the end I did this, which as you can see was a little more scenic than Smithfield.


















I started off on Hopetoun and ran up to Christensen Park and then along the cliff top path to The Gap. I found my way around the Navy base and down to Watson's Bay before setting off along the harbour and traced my way back to home.

It was pretty hilly but I felt a lot stronger than I did a few days ago and really felt my core strength helped me on some of the hills towards the end of the run when I was starting to tire. The good thing about the hills is that I got some fantastic views, first out along the coast and the cliffs and then on the harbour side out across the harbour and the city.

So, all in all, a good run. I ended up doing 10km which is the furthest I've been for a while and felt pretty good at the end of it, with very little grumbling from the hip which is good news.

I'll do the CR 5km challenge next weekend instead, which will be a good way to test out the fitness and hang out with some CRs at the same time.

7 Comments:

At 3:45 PM, Blogger Ewen said...

You said it! Couldn't help but feel good on such a beautiful run. The harbour looks almost as picturesque as LBG.

 
At 6:54 PM, Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

How could you suggest that's mroe scenic than Smiffo?? :-)

Hopefully we'll get to see you next weekend.

Gnome

 
At 8:13 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Excellent! So pleased to hear that your leg is improving. We are both on our way back baby :-)

 
At 10:15 PM, Blogger CJ said...

Sounds like a lovely run - v jealous. Good news that you are feeling a lot stronger in the running dept and that the niggles are staying away.

 
At 11:19 PM, Blogger Tesso said...

Woohoo - see you Saturday morn. I'm coming back for more of that yummy banana bread at The Cove. And I'll have my trusty sidekick in tow for her first 5k Challenge.

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger Becky O said...

The coastal path near Christensen park is my local run and I agree its one of the nicest runs with great views. If you head out this afternoon you might be able to see the Queen Elizabeth II coming in !!

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger Ellie80 said...

yay!!! sounds like a beautiful run indeed. Hope that everything is going well back at home base :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home