Monday, March 19, 2007

Canberra training camp

Friday 16th
I've been neglecting my 8/12 interval training of late so I headed to the gym for a 30 min session on the bike, followed by 500m swimming and a steam.

Late afternoon we headed down to Canberra so Mr lulu could do his training on the marathon course this weekend. The traffic was shocking leaving Sydney and consequently we didn't arrive until 9pm.

Sat 17th
I headed out for about 40 mins around the lake. It was nice and cool in Canberra and I enjoyed the cooler temps after some of the hot and humid days we have had in Sydney. My legs felt decidedly leaden this morning so I took it very easy and did about 6km.

Then it was off to lunch with fellow bloggers CJ, Strewth and Ewen. Very nice pic on CJs blog. Great to see everyone, and needless to say there was lots of talk about running and Italy :) A very nice way to spend a long lunch!

Sun 18th
Whilst Mr lulu headed out to do a lap or so of the marathon course I headed back to Lake BG. I headed in the opposite direction to Sat and passed the Australian Museum, and then past Black Mountain peninsula before turning around and heading back. I felt much better today, the hip and achilles were relatively well behaved and I enjoyed the change of scene on a basically flat course with the odd speed bump to keep me interested. About 11.5km in 75mins.

All in all a very nice weekend which was topped off by a trip to a winery and lunch at the Lynwood cafe at Collector.

4 Comments:

At 6:40 PM, Blogger Samurai Running said...

You're living large Lulu.

Yes that is a great photo of you all, on CJ's blog. Only one thing missing,. Me!

 
At 6:01 AM, Blogger Gronk said...

Good to see that the hip and achilles are behaving. :)

 
At 8:34 PM, Blogger Ewen said...

Ah Scott... the 'good looking bearded bloke' spot had been taken.

Il pranzo era buono! Felice il vostro funzionamento al museo riusciva!

 
At 9:28 PM, Blogger PortRunr said...

Sounds like a wonderfull weekend of training, food and wine.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home