Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Lake lapping

The SWEAT session this morning was 2 laps of the lake with 4 mins recovery followed by one lap of the lake. Regular readers with good memories will know that a lap of the lake is about 1.45km.

I did my warm up with Deanne, who dragged me around the oval at a faster pace than I normally do my warm up and I thought the session had started already! Once I'd done the drills and strides I felt almost human.

Up to the lake, and we were off. I decided to run just under my 5km PB pace (5.40/km) and see how I went. The first km went quite smoothly in 5.41, a bit slower than intended.There were a few girls ahead so I decided to see if I could catch them and keep ahead, which I did. Consequently, the next km was quicker at 5.35 and the final 900m were at 5.36 pace which gave me a total for the 2 laps of 16.07. That's a massive 2 lap training PB for me. Previous 2 lap times were around 16.40.. yay for me! No dry retching this morning, but I did feel sick on the second lap :)

Sadly, the little leggies weren't so happy about doing another lap. I think someone had replaced them with lumps of lead in the recovery. I should probably try and keep jogging in the recovery as that seems to help, but today I had to walk and have a drink. I set off and the girls I had successfully passed in the 2 lapper easily beat me on the 1 lapper, which I did in 8.20, not such a good time.... but hey I finished in one piece with hardly a peep out of the hip and achilles...mainly due to Easy Tiger giving them a stern talking to, or maybe it was his new "scientologist" technique.

7 Comments:

At 7:44 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Oh dear. I'll be interested to discover the 'scientologist' technique when I visit him tomorrow...

Awesome session - well done Lulu. You will fly around the streets of Canberra in a months time. Hope I can keep up!

 
At 8:37 PM, Blogger Ewen said...

That's great Lulu. Must be down to the high altitude training in Canberra!

 
At 9:36 PM, Blogger 2P said...

LOL when I say Lake Lapping my mind immediately went to Lap Dancing and then when I saw scientologist my mind when to Tom Cruise - from there it just got waaaay kinky......

Nice session mate - looking forward to seeing your progress now you are getting the achillies under control - keep up the good work.

 
At 10:01 PM, Blogger Tesso said...

Great sess Lulu. Maybe you passed those girls in the 2k-er because you have good endurance ... could be a marathoner in you busting to get out :)

 
At 9:48 AM, Blogger miners said...

I'm guessing having tired legs of lead is better than having that achilles playing up again! Nice to hear :)

 
At 11:12 AM, Blogger Ellie80 said...

wow! that is great time lulu - will I see you on thursday for wild walter??

 
At 10:17 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

I've heard Deanne is high maintenance.

Good running.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home