Sunday, April 08, 2007

LSD on LCD

Saturday
A pilates mat class and a 30 min session on the bike at the gym. Pilates was hard as I've been missing a lot of classes recently but it certainly woke my abs up and made me determined to get back to 2-3 classes a week.

Sunday
I woke up and could hardly lift my upper body off the bed as my abs were sore, a good feeling if you're some kind of masochist :)

We decided to do our long run in the National Park again today and we drove through black clouds and heavy showers down to the weir at Audley. I felt tired but my legs seemed to know what they were doing and felt pretty strong, so off we went. Had a 'go coolrunner' shout, which I now know was from Moh. Nice to get the encouragement at that stage when I was feeling a bit blah about the whole running concept! The track was muddy but we didn't get any heavy showers while we were out.

I ran out for 40 mins and then turned around. I started to feel better and better as the run progressed and had to hold myself back from pushing too hard... very unusual feeling for me! Mr lulu had passed me on the way back and so he came back and ran the last 500 metres with me and I decided to put in a finishing push to the car. Felt good and could have kept going. All up about 12.5kms I think; Garth hit a few black spots so haven't got an accurate measure.

12 Comments:

At 6:24 PM, Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

That is so good that you felt strong on the return leg. Good stuff Lulu.

TA

 
At 4:59 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Woohoo! That's fantastic news Lulu. You are back baby! Soooo looking forward to cheering you both on this weekend :-)

 
At 9:10 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

Good luck to you and Steve at Canberra. Try the LSD there, good stuff.

 
At 1:15 PM, Blogger PortRunr said...

You must really enjoy it down there in the National Park. Look forward to seeing you both on the weekend :)

 
At 8:44 PM, Blogger CJ said...

I must gt back into pilates or do something for my core - its feeling decidedly wobbly!

Sounds like the achilles is feeling better. I think of you as I do my calf exercises!

 
At 7:39 PM, Blogger R2B said...

Hey Lulu!

Great to see your still running strong!

R2B

 
At 8:12 AM, Blogger Gronk said...

Best of luck on Saturday arvo LuLu. I'll try and get down to cheer you on !

 
At 10:13 PM, Blogger Ewen said...

Now listen here, and repeat after me Lulu... the 'running concept' is a good concept!

Looking forward to cheering for you, your abs and Mr Lulu this weekend :)

 
At 7:19 PM, Blogger Ellie80 said...

wow - i am definitely in for the next running of LCD. Enjoy canberra - and goodluck to mister lulu :)

 
At 4:57 PM, Blogger Sekhmet said...

Hey Lulu, bit belated I know but I hope you both have a wonderful time in Caberra. I echo everyone else's thoughts when I say it's great to see you back out on the trails :)

 
At 8:52 PM, Blogger speedygeoff said...

It was great to see you at yesterday's marathon Lulu. I am only sorry I didn't make the lunch today. I had too many things to do, and for some reason or another Monday was a "slow" day. I will make up for it some time! Congrats to Mr lulu on his fantastic run.

 
At 11:21 PM, Blogger Samurai Running said...

Hey Lulu

Please let me know how your husband went in Canberra. I looked at the marathon result list on the internet but can't find a "Mr. Lulu" anywhere?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home