Sunday, April 01, 2007

A day in the country

Mr lulu and I decided a day out in the country would be nice today, so at 6.30 we headed down to the National Park for a run along Lady Carrington Drive. I haven't run along here before and it is just beautiful. A nice undulating trail with a fairly firm surface, surrounded by fantastic trees with masses of bird life. Mr lulu and I both spotted a lyre bird in the bush at one point. It's a wide track, which is useful as at points it was like Pitt St mall with large groups of runners passing by! So much for the solitude of the bush, but it kept things interesting as I was running on my own. Mr lulu quickly disappeared into the distance.

I wasn't sure how my legs would feel today after yesterday, but after the first km or so they warmed up and we were off. I ran for 6km and then turned around and ran back. There are lots of little ups and downs and I thought it would seem all up hill on the way out, and back, but I was pleasantly surprised to be running strongly on the way back and thought going back was a lot easier. I was still quite pleased to see the lulumobile parked at the end of the trail. I wandered back up the track a bit to see if I could see Mr lulu and he soon arrived. As a good support crewI offered him some refreshments before he disappeared again to finish his 2.5 hours. Meanwhile, I did some stretching and then relaxed in the car, reading the paper, until he finished.

We headed further down the coast to Austinmer for breakfast in a great cafe we know down there. It's a spectacular drive down the coast and along the new cliff way bridge. We were thinking about doing a swim but I had got a bit cold sitting in the car so it was straight on to breakfast, a short walk around the town and then back home. Time for a nana nap now methinks!

4 Comments:

At 9:26 PM, Blogger Tesso said...

We went down to Austinmer when I was visiting last year. Its lovely! Great to see there are still places like that around that are still relatively undeveloped.

 
At 9:33 PM, Blogger Ewen said...

That's a great day out Lulu. A lyre bird! How lucky! Glad you also had a good run.

That's a spectacular drive. I must try it again next time I'm up that way.

 
At 5:29 PM, Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

Your morning sounds beautiful. A perfect follow up to your improving 5k time. Nice to catch up ever so briefly on Saturday.

TA

 
At 9:59 AM, Blogger PortRunr said...

Now that's the way to spend a Sunday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home