Thursday, April 19, 2007

Testing some hills

No SWEAT today for me as it was a hill session and I'm not supposed to do those but I am allowed to potter around some hills so that's what I decided to do today.

I headed off on a slightly different course which I'l have to call 3 beaches TBC (Tamarama, Bronte and Clovelly). It was a lovely morning for running along the coast path and if only there weren't so many hills it would even be quite pleasant!

Having said that I only really started to feel the hills after 4 kms and the Bronte cutting steps. Coming back up Clovelly road seemed harder than it should and don't even talk about Arden Street. I nearly made it all the way to the top and I'll have to make that my goal for the next few weeks. After walking to the top of Arden I ran a loop up our back lane and around to the front to make it a nice round 7kms. The hip and achilles only complained occasionally so I'll take that as confirmation that a little bit of hill running is acceptable.

3 Comments:

At 12:28 PM, Blogger Sekhmet said...

I haven't been along the coastal path past Bronte, I shall have to do it soon. I love a run around that way in the morning or evening, always an uplifting thing to do with those beautiful views :-)

 
At 1:15 PM, Blogger Samurai Running said...

Hey Lulu

Here I do a similiar course where I pass by some of my old girlfriend's houses. (Keiko, Emiko and Betty KEB) I call it the three bitches ;)

"Ooh I've gone out too fast!"

 
At 4:38 PM, Blogger Ellie80 said...

ah the sweet fine line between running and stalking hey scott? :) i like it!

lulu i will have to come and do that run with you one day so that I can empathise with you appropriately. particualrly those horrid stairs of which you speak...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home