Friday, April 27, 2007

Back with the girl pack

I met up with the Owl and Ellie on Anzac day morning for a trot around the park. It was more of a canter as Ellie was showing her camp fitness and I was feeling a little under par so it felt a lot quicker than it was. It was a lovely run and chat though... can't beat it :) A nice 9.5km to add to the monthly total. I did get a few twinges in my right hammie, which gave me some grief last year so I'm currently nursing that back to health. Typical, just when my achilles feels like it has turned a corner another little niggle appears, but I don't think this one will take much to fix.

Mr lulu joined us for breakfast at Ellie's which included the long lost European toast mountain, which we did a pretty good job on.

I had a hard day's girly activities on Thursday, with one of my trusty girlfriends appearing to make over my wardrobe. There wasn't much left of my current clothing by the time she had finished but it was fun doing the shopping in the afternoon. Can't wait to see Mr lulu's face when the credit card bill appears :) Maybe I'll post a photo! It was a much needed re-vamp and I've been putting it off for years it seems, as some of my clothes migrated with me from England in the late 90s. I think shoulder pads are out now aren't they?

This morning I headed out to do a short run and test out my hammie so I could decide on doing the CR challenge or not. Not, seems to be the verdict. It didn't really give me any trouble but it feels stiff and a bit sore to prod, so I'll just keep the pace easy tomorrow. I'm not really training for anything major right now so it seems silly to risk an injury for a time trial I can do anytime.

4 Comments:

At 11:45 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

A wise decision, Lulu...why risk making things worse? I hope the silly old trouble goes away quickly.
I Like the bit about a new wardrobe! Shoulder pads? I can barely remember them! Buying new clothes...my favourite past time!

 
At 4:45 PM, Blogger Ewen said...

OK, I'll take a guess... 29:10.

Yes, even I know sholder pads are out. They could come back in though.

Just make sure you have your new wardrobe organised... like this.

 
At 8:54 AM, Blogger Tesso said...

Hope you kept your bubble skirts :)

 
At 1:04 PM, Blogger 2P said...

Rat Pack?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home