Monday, May 07, 2007

Brief touch down

Well, I survived 4 days in the bush with my lovely meaty men and they did behave themselves most of the time. I think we all learned quite a bit and I even managed to overcome my fear of heights and abseiled down a 60 metre cliff. Apart from that there was various team building challenges to be met and I'm pleased to say the meat men did me proud. Some of my training must be working !

No running took place but I think the bush walking and hill climbing was probably a good compensation and, as Ewen suggested, it gave my hammie time to sort itself out.

Sunday saw me head down to the Lady Carrington Drive with Mr lulu, Running Angel and Ellie for our long run. It was nice to catch up on some girl time after 4 days of blokey blokes. I was only doing 90 mins and somehow this became infectious as we all ended up stopping. A lovely picnic breakfast in the sun followed. Nice way to spend a Sunday.

I'm off again tomorrow and the next stop is Dubbo for the rest of the week, followed by Shanghai on Saturday. The challenge is going to be keeping up some form of training in the meantime.

Let's start with doing a bit of speed work on my own tomorrow as I won't have time to get to SWEAT. Should be interesting!

9 Comments:

At 8:43 PM, Blogger Ellie80 said...

first dubbo then shanghai - international woman of mystery!!

thanks for the run on sunday - it was gorgeous! I was more than happy to pull up stumps at 1hr30 - i didn't have too much more to give!!

 
At 10:11 PM, Blogger Samurai Running said...

Hey Lulu

Good to hear everything is well

"some girl time after 4 days of blokey blokes" Mmmm: wish I was there to run with you Lulu. I could fix your problem as I'm a bloke but I've been told I run like a girl!

 
At 10:54 PM, Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

Wow, you are so busy. Don't forget to stop and say Hi to Mr Lulu in between.

TA

 
At 8:26 AM, Blogger Tesso said...

Abseiling - yikes!!! You are one brave girl.

Is Shanghai for business or pleasure? You know the Great Wall Marathon is on the following weekend. Several of my running buddies (the crazier ones) are doing it.

 
At 2:10 PM, Blogger 2P said...

Nice National Park run Lulu - good training for your eventual Six Foot Track campaign :-)

Oooo Shanghai has come around quickly - you are going to have fun.

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger Becky O said...

Wow, sounds like there are some pretty cool runs we will be hearing about soon. Have lots of fun!!!!

 
At 8:11 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

You and Mr Lulu will turn heads on a Shanghai run.

Have a good trip.

 
At 3:44 PM, Blogger Black Knight said...

Yes, bush walking and hill climbing must be a nice experience. When you go to Shangai, If you have a connection flight in Rome, please.....make a call!!!

 
At 8:59 PM, Blogger Ewen said...

Shanghai! You could try jogging a couple of laps of the moto gp track. The hammie would love you for that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home