Tuesday, May 15, 2007

I turning Chinese!

I've just logged on to Blogger and everything is in Chinese characeters. Good thing I know my way around!!

Time is flying by and we've been in Shanghai for three days. The pollution here is truly terrible. For example, from my 20th floor hotel room I should have a good view across the city, particularly at night when all the buildings are lit up. Sadly, it's all a bit hazy and is particularly bad today.

So on the running front it's been the hotel gym or nothing and I have to confess, mainly nothing! I did manage 6kms on Sunday but since then it's been a hectic few days of shopping and sightseeing. At the moment I'm debating with myself for a swim or more shopping. Having just taken an order from Ellie for some pearls I think the shopping might just win the day... I can go running in Sydney anytime, but I'm only likely to see Shanghai once... sounds like a good justification to me!! Maybe I should change the name of my blog to Lulushops.

I'm going to set up another blog with all our travel stuff on it so I'll put that up in the next day or so.

Yesterday we went out of Shanghai for the day and visited the Venice of China a small water village called ZhouZuong. Very pretty and well worth the slightly hair raising journey with a local driver and a people mover!!

6 Comments:

At 1:09 PM, Blogger 2P said...

I'm guessing you aren't going to swim in the river either ;-)

Sounds great lulu - look forward to the lonely planet blog.

 
At 1:10 PM, Blogger 2P said...

Rats - I meant to type the "Lulu Planet" blog but my subconscious took over....

 
At 4:39 PM, Blogger Sekhmet said...

Enjoy the shopping Lulu - I know it's something you're good at ;-)

I was about to congratulate you on some massive mileage this year - I saw your YTD column and thought it was your monthly totals LOL - Dur!!!

BTW My Google account links to a blog that's not mine anymore...just in case you were wondering

 
At 5:39 PM, Blogger Tesso said...

Shopping vs running - I love your female logic :-)

I heard that about the pollution. My boss just spent two weeks there and didn't see the sun once. And it wasn't cloudy!

 
At 3:04 PM, Blogger miners said...

so where's the chinese language blog-post? most disappointed I must say ...

 
At 4:10 PM, Blogger Ewen said...

Lucky you didn't take Strewth and CJ along - you'd never get out of the shops. Pity about the atmosphere. At least you're not running in the Olympics.

I presume 'characeters' is Chinese for 'characters' ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home