Friday, May 11, 2007

Back on home turf

Back to Sydney this afternoon so once I'd got myself a bit organised I headed out to do a lap of the outside of Centennial in the afternoon sun. I felt a lot better than yesterday afternoon and quite enjoyed my plod around the park.

I made it back to the car and had 300 metres to go to get to 7kms so I continued up York Road until I made it. I still hate that hill but the only way to get better at running it is to run it I suppose!

I've actually managed to stay pretty much on track with exercise this week. I even managed to get up and do the Pilates DVD this morning before running my training. My diet has been all over the place though so I'll be glad to get back to cooking my own food once we get back from China. I'm sure my diet will be very interesting for the next week.

Off first thing tomorrow and the CR house-sitting service will be in action with one of my avian friends looking after the lulu household for us. Watch out for the party invite!

7 Comments:

At 6:50 PM, Blogger Samurai Running said...

Hey Lulu

Can you do me a favor? I want to know if your husband was much different in weight from his PB in Canberra to that of his weight in the marathon before that. And what was the Canberra marathon a PB by compared to the last.

Thanks Scott

 
At 6:51 PM, Blogger Samurai Running said...

Ohh and welcome back!

 
At 9:29 PM, Blogger Ewen said...

Enjoy China Lulu. I wonder if the 50 million cyclists will be polite and stop as you cross the road on your run?

 
At 9:58 PM, Blogger Samurai Running said...

Thanks for your reply Lulu.

Wow a 25 min PB that is bloody excellent! While I can't ask you, even if you were so kind to offer, about his particular training program for the last few months, I would like to know what he thinks were the key factors in his build up to Canberra. That is, what does he thinks contributed to such a big jump. If it is just what you already said, I understand but if there is something else please let me know.

It seems that losing weight was not a particular factor but I'd like to know breifly what if anything else he thinks about this.

For mine, yor hubby's effort was inspirational and one worth emulating.

Thanks again.

Anytime is OK, I know you're busy. By the way enjoy China, just across the road from us here.

 
At 1:48 PM, Blogger Tesso said...

I love the you had to throw in the extra few hundred metres to make until we do an even 7k :-) Typical runner!

Enjoy your trip. My boss just got back from a couple of weeks over there and he hasn't stopped talking about it (all good!).

 
At 4:59 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

there goes the neighbourhood ;-) Actually I was planning a quiet week but seeing as you've built up people's hopes I may have to have a shin-dig.

 
At 1:44 PM, Blogger 2P said...

Have fun in Shanghai Lulu.

So Owly do you think one keg should be enough?.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home