Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Back in action

Ok, so it's been ages since I've blogged. I've been lacking energy and motivation since returning from Asia nearly a week ago. I have been doing some running though!

Hong Kong was a bit disappointing as it has changed so much since I was there 10 years ago and the air quality has deteriorated dramatically. I'll post some pics on the other blog I'm setting up shortly and you'll see what I mean. You can hardly see HK island from Kowloon these days and that has to be only about 1km.

Consequently, no running there but we did do another session in the gym as well as some swimming in the pool.

Once back in the land of Oz I was back on the road on Saturday and making up for missing a long run by doing 14kms. That was hard after a week of slacking off.

My legs were a bit stiff on Sunday but we were up bright and early to act as chauffeurs to Ms Ellie and Ms Running Angel as they were running in the SMH half.

Our chauffeur duties complete, we headed to the finish to enrol as volunteers. I was hoping for medalling duties but ended up with the delightful task of de-chipping. Many chipped finger nails and being dripped on by sweaty runners later and our work was done. Great to see Lucky Legs come over the line and I gave her a bit hug:) There were some interesting configurations on the lace tying/chip combo and I couldn't believe how many knots some people put in their laces.

Lots of great runs by many CRs and Ms Ellie and RA did us proud with their great efforts. Not long now ladies before the sub 2 hour goal is achieved.

Monday became another rest day but on Tuesday I woke up and actually felt I had some energy for the first time in weeks. Yippee I thought. I wasn't energetic enough to tackle Big Bertha though so I decided on my own little fartie session. I did my normal 40 mins loop through the park with 3km fartlek in the middle. Fartlek kms were 6.02, 5.43, and 6.07. Some of the fast bits had hills so I was quite pleased with that.

I might have been but my poor old hammie/glute wasn't and going out this morning to test it out wasn't good. 5kms I did, but I discovered running up hills with only one glute working is quite hard. Fortunately, Mr lulu had an appointment with the Tiger today so I stole it. I'd already had one session with him on Monday where he fixed my left hip. Today I had the joys of an hour focussed on one half of my butt. Feels magic now though so hopefully he's fixed it up and it will survive tomorrow's run. I'm going to go to SWEAT and do the warm up and if it survives that I'll do the rest of the session; 5 x400s tomorrow.

I'm even planning a bit of a race schedule for the next few months as I find it hard to stay motivated unless i'm aiming for something and the target for the next few months is to break that stoopid 60 mins 10km barrier. I'm sure I can do it!

5 Comments:

At 9:37 PM, Blogger Sekhmet said...

It was good to see you on Sunday Lulu - and good job fiddling with all those sweaty runners' smelly shoes ;-)

Great to hear you are still in fine running form

 
At 10:36 PM, Blogger Jen said...

You can and you will. Very soon :-)

Great to have you back!

 
At 11:06 PM, Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

I'm sure with a new goal and sean's program that 60 minute "thing" will soon be beaten into submission.

Nice to quickly glance you on Sunday and thanks for being a de-chipper. Not a job many would be prepared to do.

TA

 
At 8:41 AM, Blogger Tesso said...

So Honkers has gone bad since you guys handed it back ;-)

 
At 7:58 PM, Blogger Ewen said...

Great to see you on Sunday Lulu. If I'd known you were de-chipping, I'd have sought out your expertise. My de-chipper took ages.

You will break 60. Just need the right course and pacing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home