Thursday, May 24, 2007

SWEAT slowly

I am happy to report that Easy Tiger still holds the title of 'legend'. I headed off to SWEAT this morning a little anxious about whether my glute/hammy was going to hold up to a SWEAT session.

I did the warm up and the strides and gradually increased the pressure in the strides to see what happened. Nothing happened, not a twinge.. miracle really considering I could hardly run at all yesterday morning.

So off we went to tackle up to 8 x 400s. I didn't really push it today as I didn't want to undo any good work. Consequently, my times were 20-30 secs slower than I've done 400s in the past.

I took a break on rep 6 and then came back for 7 and 8. I had RA to keep me honest on rep 7 and so I pushed that one a bit more. I also caught sight of Mr lulu coming past me right near the line and so I tried to keep up.. foolish thought really but Sean said I could have taken him if I'd just dipped a bit more! Of course he'd been doing 600s rather than 400s but it was still fun. Thanks to that this was at least back to just over 2 mins rather than 2.10. Last one wasn't too bad either and I was getting a bit more confident that the legs were not going to break again so I was happy to push the last couple.

Good to be back at training and hopefully I'll soon re-gain a bit of speed over the next few weeks. I just need to remember what it's like to push myself, and that I won't explode if I do!

5 Comments:

At 3:21 PM, Blogger miners said...

great to have you back stranger :) Nice efforts this morning with your 400s too - but where exactly is this race schedule you refer to ?

 
At 3:23 PM, Blogger Ellie80 said...

good to have you back!! you'll be dry heaving and making sean proud again in no time!!!

take care of yourself!
Ex

 
At 8:43 PM, Blogger Jen said...

GREAT news Lulu!

 
At 10:31 PM, Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

Nah! You won't explode. Melt, maybe, but not explode. :-)

Gnome

 
At 1:03 PM, Blogger Samurai Running said...

Hello Lulu

glad you're back into the swing with your running. I read your previous posts. I wonder why the air in Hong Kong is worse than before? Perhaps the Chinese authorities aren't pressuring the Hong Kong authorities to enforce any pollution standards.

I'm far from being a supporter of British rule in Hong Kong but I know for a fact that Hong Kong was cleaner before the handover.

Anyway hope you're keeping those Sydney councilmen honest/clean.

Thanks for the offer of your husband's training schedule. I will take it. Really interested to adapt some of his plan into my one.

scott@byronenglish.net

Thanks some more

Scott

 

Post a Comment

<< Home