Sunday, May 27, 2007

The Bolt

Today was the Randwick Botany Harriers cross country race, The Botany Bolt. I'd already decided not to run it, even though it's just 4km, as I know there's a very nasty hill in it. My achilles doesn't much care for big hills. However, Mr lulu and a number of people from the SWEAT squad were running so I wanted to watch.

I also needed to fit in my long run so I came up with a cunning plan. I'll run down to Mutch Park and meet Mr lulu there. All I needed was a running companion and so I recruited Ellie to the mission.

So I set off from our place, ran through Centennial to Ellie's and then we set off down to Mutch Park. I now know it's 3.86 km from our house to Ellie's and the last little section is all hills!

We set off down Cook Rd and then Anzac Pde. Not the most scenic of runs but nice and flat at least. Then it was off down a side road and a very narrow footpath to Mutch Park. Unfortunately, once we got there I'd still only done about 10.5km so we did a couple of loops of the park, including the nasty hill once. I was right not to do the race as one attempt at the steep hill irritated it a little, nothing a few stretches and calf raises won't fix though. It's a good lesson that it needs to be looked after.

Ellie was brave enough to tackle the Botany Bolt along with lots of girls from the squad and they made it all look quite easy. Mr lulu looked very strong and spent most of the race running with the speedy young girls from Sean's elite squad. He was rewarded by winning the over 40's medal and having Sean call him one of the senior stars. As Bernie said, I've got a trophy husband.

4 Comments:

At 8:17 PM, Blogger Ellie80 said...

hehe - congrats to Mister Lulu. Make sure you buy him something pretty as a reward :)

Thanks for the company on the run - I was wondering how I was going to get it done. Take care and see you soon!

 
At 8:49 PM, Blogger Jen said...

In more ways than one ;-)

Congrats Mr Lulu!

 
At 3:57 PM, Blogger Ewen said...

Congrats to Mr Lulu! I'm impressed if he beat Paul, not to mention all those young girls.

You're so sensible Lulu - well done on the long injury-avoiding run. :)

 
At 10:21 PM, Blogger Samurai Running said...

Hey Lulu

Thanks for the excel doc you sent.
much appreciated.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home