Friday, June 15, 2007

The Maquarie River run

I've spent most of the week in Dubbo and so I had to re-acquaint myself with the available running routes of Dubbo. The main one I've found is a nice 5.5km loop which follows a track along the river, over a bridge, along the river on the other side, and then back over another bridge.

I arrived late on Tuesday night and my training course started early on Weds so my first chance for a run in the daylight was about 4pm on Weds. Cold and hard are the words to summarise that little adventure. I just never seemed to warm up and my legs didn't want to work. I was supposed to do at least 75 mins but it just wasn't happening for me and I ended up doing a few add on bits to the loop, and added a fast last km to make up for finishing at an hour.

Thursday was a long work day and so it wasn't until this morning that I could do anything further. One loop of the track and a little bit extra to make it 6kms. I warmed up to the first bridge and then did 3 quick kms to make up for missing SWEAT this week, and so I get home quicker. It was cold and damp, with a delightful freezing fog hanging over the river.. noice!
I felt a lot better than the Weds run and managed some nice kms at 5.48, 5.38 and 5.28.. you can tell I was dying to get back to the motel.

The bad news is I seem to have developed some kind of weird groin, back, glute issue which has been developing over the last couple of weeks. I thought we'd fixed it and I suspect it's all related, but I'm not sure what that will mean for the weekend's training. I'll see how it feels in the morning. I've managed to work out what to stretch to ease the groin issue so I'll work on that this evening and fingers crossed for a miraculous cure. I'm just getting back to a decent level of training so I do not want any more injuries... ARE YOU LISTENING, RUNNING GODS?

5 Comments:

At 9:57 PM, Blogger Jen said...

If you ask me that running gods have a very twisted sense of humour, the way they keep harassing you & I.

GO & PICK ON SOMEONE ELSE & LEAVE LULU & I ALONE PLEASE RUNNING GODS!!!!!!!!!!!

Ah. Feel better now :-)

 
At 10:45 PM, Blogger Samurai Running said...

I reckon Ewen is the type of gentleman to step up and take a grion injury for a lady.

As for me I would but I'm more the type to be given a grion injury by a lady ;)

Hope you can nip it in the bud Lulu, so to speak.

 
At 6:58 AM, Blogger running uphill said...

Hope this one turns out to be nothing. Some nice kilometres though.

 
At 10:30 AM, Blogger Ewen said...

Especially your wife Scott, if you keep dissing on her about the black fish and dreaming about Ani raw.

I hope the gods are listening Lulu. Have a day off. Those 5:30 ks are pretty quick. Try the 6:30s and see if it still plays up.

 
At 3:19 PM, Blogger Tesso said...

Yeah, why don't those running gods just go hibernate for the winter. And forget to wake up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home