Monday, June 11, 2007

Mountains and Oranges

Saturday, I braved the rather stromy Sydney weather to head out to the park for an inside loop. Fortunately, the wind had abated but it was still pouring with rain. I'd put on a rain jacket but ended up being too hot and just running in my singlet (and tights!).

Saturday afternoon, we headed up to the Evil Twin Sister's place in Mount Vic and a bit of a late night involving roast duck and more red wine than was wise.

Sunday, there was no mercy from mr lulu as I was dragged out into a cold, crisp mountain morning for our run. We ran down the Victoria Falls lookout road which is a nice undulating dirt track to a look out. Wrapped up in long sleeves and gloves the cold air didn't seem so bad, the hangover wasn't too bad either.. I only felt sick for the first 10 minutes and then I felt fine. I was glad I'd recently bought the slightly bigger water bottles for my fuel belt as I needed all the water I could get. What seemed like undulations turned into mountains on the way back up the track and I was glad to see Mount Vic again althoughI indulged in some walking on some of the bigger hills on the way back. Happy to have another 12km in the bank.

Off to Orange on Sunday evening and a lovely long lunch at one of our favourite wineries.. and too much red wine again. Good thing I didn't have to run this morning!

6 Comments:

At 8:17 PM, Blogger Samurai Running said...

Hey Lulu

I guess you're aware of this

http://www.huntervalleymarathon.net/

It would suit you and Mr. Lulu down to the ground, I reckon.

 
At 8:48 PM, Blogger Ellie80 said...

sounds like a lovely time was had by all! and its now on the record that I am NOT the only blogger with a penchant for running with a hangover!

 
At 9:16 PM, Blogger PortRunr said...

Lots of mountains, red wine and running. Sounds like a great weekend. Did Ellie give you some tips on running with a hangover?

 
At 1:49 PM, Blogger Tesso said...

I think you have found the perfect hangover cure. And its way better for you than greasy food.

 
At 5:29 PM, Blogger Cirque said...

I've never understood these people who can run with a hangover.

 
At 10:23 AM, Blogger Ewen said...

For a moment I thought you wore a really long singlet.

Did it snow in Orange?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home