Monday, June 25, 2007

A pain in the rectus

hmm, possibly a dodgy title but we'll see what blog spam it generates :)

Not much to report from planet Lulu. I tried a run on Saturday and after 1.8km of fooling myself it was going to get better I turned around and walked home. Strangely, now the pain is above my knee and in the special place...

Taking my new Zen like approach to the whole running process, I merrily stayed in bed on Sunday :)

Back to Easy Tiger this morning for further investigations and his theory is that although we've fixed the psoas other hip flexors have now got their knickers in a twist and are muscling in on the act. The offender this time being the rectus femorus.

More rest for the lower body this week but some swimming with no legs and some upper body gym work should at least keep me sane.

At least the weight loss campaign is going along very nicely and I'm very happy with the progress so far. By the time I start running again I should actually be able to feel the difference of having a few less kilos on board.

7 Comments:

At 5:58 PM, Blogger Ellie80 said...

yep - you are looking very skinny, I am sure that you will really notice it when you get back into it after the pesky rectus gets beaten back into submission. (?)

:)

 
At 6:01 PM, Blogger Aki said...

Uck. Remember to keep stretching all the time... and thanks for the comment. :) I had a similar injury in March 2005 when I was new to running, swimming and yoga helped heaps.

 
At 8:45 PM, Blogger Sekhmet said...

The Sunday sleep ins are definitely a good thing this time of year ;-)

 
At 9:02 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Sunday sleep-ins rock! Lovely to see you today.

 
At 10:07 PM, Blogger Ewen said...

Lulu, you're falling apart! Knickers in a knot will get you another couple of hits, although you should have said sexy knickers ;)

Glad the kgs are going the right way. I hope Easy Tiger can help with the special place.

 
At 11:42 AM, Blogger Celeste said...

Injury is frustrating isn't it? Just when you start to think that maybe you are getting better - something else goddam happens. I agree completely with the need to stay sane - the longer you can't run the harder it is to keep the marbles in place.

 
At 10:32 PM, Blogger Tesso said...

You must know so much about the legs etc by now, you could write a book.

Well done on the weight loss thing, especially at this time of year when most find it even more difficult.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home