Saturday, August 18, 2007

Thirteen

I thought I'd do an update as I have now managed to work my way up to 13 minutes running,double the last post! It was supposed to be 12.5 but I'm a rebel and 2kms was tantilisingly close so I ran until 2km was up.

Since my last blog I've done the 7.5, 10, 7.5 I was supposed to do and this week I did 10, 13, and I'll do 10 again tomorrow.

I've carried on seeing the glute torturer and he over tortured them last week and left me with a very sore right glute which required an hour of Easy Tiger's ministrations to fix. Feels pretty good today though. Need to be careful we don't over do the glute torturing it seems.

Looking forward to a bit of a run in Centennial tomorrow as I've missed the park. I'll walk down there and then do my 10 mins around the inside fence.

Apart from that, it's been a hectic old time and I've been a bit slack with exercise. I seemed to lose the will to do anything the last few weeks apart from my little runs, the odd pilates class and the weekly session with the Glute Torturer.

So, I was determined to do something about that today so it was an hour's mat Pilates class, my 13 min run and then another 20 mins on the elliptical. I think I'll go back to regular blogging too as it keeps me honest and you can all tell me off it there isn't much activity.

9 Comments:

At 8:51 PM, Blogger Gronk said...

13 minutes ! That's an ultra distance compared to me right now. LOL. Hope your aches stay away for ever this time.

 
At 9:36 PM, Blogger R2B said...

I think i will join you in more regular blogging!

Heres to the lost bloggers who are found!

 
At 11:41 PM, Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

From little things, big things grow :-)

Gnome

 
At 3:08 PM, Blogger Ewen said...

Sounds like you're edging things along nicely Lulu. 13 minutes will get you from William St to Edgecliffe :)

Before long it'll be thirteen kilometres - a good distance for the heart-rate monitor.

 
At 6:56 AM, Blogger running uphill said...

Great to hear you are getting back into it Lulu. As for the blogging I have been a bit slack on that too lately, but it is a good way to stay honest.

 
At 2:57 PM, Blogger Tesso said...

Good news about the 13 mins Lulu. But I know what you're saying about blogging keeping you honest, I am the same.

Looking forward to hearing more about this mysterious new chocolate place.

 
At 2:02 AM, Blogger Black Knight said...

Another lost blogger is here to support you. In 13 minutes you can win the Olympic 5000 metres: think positive!

 
At 12:36 PM, Blogger 2P said...

Lulu you are a legend - I just luuuuurve the 100% increase between posts - so do I expect the next one will be for 26 mins??

:)

 
At 6:06 PM, Blogger Samurai Running said...

Happy to be the "task master" and keep you on track. So how about another post!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home