Tuesday, October 16, 2007

I'm baaack!

Well, my lovely holiday didn't turn out quite as planned as my poor old Dad died suddenly three weeks ago. This meant curtailing our Italian holiday and hotfooting it back to England. I still can't quite believe it, and I don't think it has entirely sunk in as yet.

I arrived back in Sydney on Saturday night, feeling absolutely shattered, but am gradually getting my act together.
Running has taken a bit of a back seat over the last few weeks but I did manage one or two walk/runs. The rest has been very good for my hip though as it feels pretty good. I managed to get out of bed this morning and do a 30 min walk/run this morning with probably about 20 mins running; a big improvement on what I was doing before I went away, so that's encouraging.

I had a trip to see the lovely Brad this morning and he has instructed me to hit the strength programme hard this and next week, while doing some short walk/runs and then I can build up from there. So, I'm off to see the glute torturer tomorrow to get myself back on track and we'll go from there.

I'm starting my new job on Monday so will have to get into a whole new routine. I can't believe I'm giving up my life of self-employment but it was too good an opportunity to turn down. More about that next week when I have got my feet under the desk.

I've missed all my lovely blogging friends so I'm off now to catch up and see what you've all been doing!

14 Comments:

At 6:17 PM, Blogger Sekhmet said...

Sorry to hear your bad news Lulu :-(

 
At 7:25 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Oh Lulu, so sorry to read that your dad died! We never fully 'get over' the death of our parents, but time, as with all else, does help to accept that they have left us.

Thinking of you daily & also in my little prayers...I don't say many, but this is an exception to the rule!

 
At 7:28 PM, Blogger Samurai Running said...

I'm glad you're back Lulu. I can imagine that it is somewhat comforting to get back home after the shock of your Dads' death.

Bet you're looking forward to getting backing into running. Summer there should be great.

 
At 7:32 PM, Blogger Samurai Running said...

Sorry about my botched syntax. "Retard Rule" #34 Never use the present progressive form more than twice in any one sentence.

 
At 8:26 PM, Blogger Ewen said...

Welcome back Lulu. We've missed you :)

That's sad about your Dad - must have come as quite a shock. At least you were already in Europe I guess, so not far to travel.

Glad your hip is feeling better - do the comeback carefully and you should be fine.

By the way, what's Scott on about?

 
At 9:21 PM, Blogger strewth said...

Dear Lulu, I'm so very sorry to hear about your dad. Time does help and I'm sure you will have loads of beautiful memories to treasure. Good luck with your return to running. Lots of hugs.

 
At 11:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lulu, I am so sorry. My thoughts are with you and your family.

It's good to have you home.

Maybe a swim and a cup of tea might be in order soon?

wt

 
At 8:54 AM, Blogger CJ said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your sad news. But glad to hear you're back too.

 
At 9:42 AM, Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

Our thoughts are with you. It must be hard knowing you can't just ring him anymore. Hang onto the wonderful memories you have of him.

Bet that 20 mins felt good!

TA

 
At 1:42 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

good to have you back honey. Can you meet for a coffee/drink before you start work?

 
At 8:33 PM, Blogger Jen said...

(((((((((((Lulu))))))))))))))

You've been in my thoughts.

Love
J xx

 
At 2:17 PM, Blogger Tesso said...

So sorry to hear you news Lulu. Sending good thoughts your way.

 
At 5:52 PM, Blogger running uphill said...

Sorry to hear your news Lulu.

Good luck with the new job.

 
At 7:29 PM, Blogger Cirque said...

Welcome back lovely.

It must be so hard being torn between feeling comfort in being home, but worrying about those you love who are still on the other side of the world. The joys of being an immigrant!

Good luck in the new job and I'm sure their Queensland branch is in the most dire need of assistance, so you'd better address that as a priority!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home