Monday, November 26, 2007

I have a plan ... for a new Lulu

Hello there blogosphere... Lulu is back, inspired by the fresh new PM to restart the blogging, not to mention the running. Since I last visited I have been working, partying, sick, travelling and generally lazy on the exercise front. Last week we hit rock bottom with a bout of a nasty stomach bug and one trip to the gym was the sum total of my exercise, apart from some crazy ab lady exercises.

Back into action this week then I said this morning as I lay in bed.....and lay in bed until I decided to get up and go to work early so I could miss the traffic. I took my running gear with me, changed at work and stopped off at Centennial Park for an evening run for a change. Quite a good way to unwind after a day at the office.

The good news was that I managed 30 mins non-stop without breaking anything so I'm happy with that little return to the programme.

Now, I just need to keep up some momentum as I'm going on a trip around the country over the next week and a half with visits to Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth starting on Thursday.

So, I have a plan:
Monday: 30 mins run... done!
Tues: 30 mins cardio and weights at gym
Weds: Tiger's Den am - 30 mins run pm
Thurs: Rest day
Fri: Strength and 30 mins cardio at hotel gym
Sat: Adelaide 1 hour walk
Sun: 30 mins run

I'm still stuck on 3 runs this week but if it all holds together with 3x30 min runs, I will up it to 4 runs next week. I'm not extending the time at the moment and I'm just wearing a sports watch as I can't bear to see how slow I am! Right now I want you all to bother me if you don't hear from me again on Weds evening!

8 Comments:

At 10:56 PM, Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

3 x 30min sounds more effective than 3 x sleep-in! Good to hear the new, revitalised Lulu is back on track. :-)

Gnome

p.s. my screensaver at home is a random pick of the thousands of photos I have stored on disk. You popped up tonight from a race a couple of years ago... :-)

 
At 3:34 PM, Blogger Ewen said...

I'll bother you today, and again on Thursday!

I'm impressed by your Centennial Park effort. Good luck for the rest of the week.

I thought you'd be more inspired by the fresh new deputy PM and new member for Bennelong ;)

 
At 9:18 PM, Blogger Cirque said...

Sounds like a plan!

Good luck!

L Y
xx

 
At 11:23 AM, Blogger Jen said...

Sounds like a great plan Lulu! Was good to see you, albeit briefly, in the Tiger's lair the other day. We must try & round up the girls soon !

 
At 11:42 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I'm keen to be rounded up. Glad to hear you are happy and running.

 
At 4:44 PM, Blogger Tesso said...

So good you are almost back to 'normal' Lulu!

 
At 1:04 AM, Blogger Samurai Running said...

Good to hear about your plan I will be following with interest.

 
At 5:58 PM, Blogger running uphill said...

Welcome back! Hope the plan went well. I only ever run 3 times a week.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home