Sunday, November 04, 2007

Is it over already?

Weekend's seem to have got a lot shorter now I'm working full time again. It's been a fun week but I found day light saving hard and so I didn't do as much as I had hoped. Add to that some early morning meetings and a tad of laziness and all I managed was a couple of walk\runs, a session with the glute torturerand an hour with the crazy abs lady! An hour with the crazy abs lady is a tough hour but I've now got a good routine to do everyday to get those abs really firing.

Thursday morning I headed out for a run/walk around Queen's Park and ran for most of it, with just a short walk up the hill. Today I did my outside loop of Centennial Park which included a 10 min run 2 min walk and then a 20 min run; my longest so far. Everything felt good, and I'm encouraged that I'm not getting sore in the hip/groin so far. I have a trip to Brad the physio on Tuesday so we'll see what he says.

I'm back on the road this week and will be visiting sunny Brisvegas so perhaps I'll see one or two of you up there.

Plan for the week:
Mon: Strength
Tues: Run/walk 30 mins, physio
Weds: Spin
Thurs: Glute Torturer, up to Brisbane
Fri: Run/walk 30 mins
Sat: Walk/strength
Sun: Run/Walk, return to Sydney

I plan to do it all this week :)

10 Comments:

At 7:57 PM, Blogger Jen said...

I know what you mean about the length of weekends - it feels like 3 hours since I left the office ;-)

Thanks to you & WTR for your donation. My butt is surprisingly feeling pretty good !

 
At 9:22 PM, Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

I'll bet you *planned* to do all of it last week too! :-) :-)

Seriously, it's so good to hear of running that isn't involving pain (except for the good, I'm-getting-better sort of course). Enjoy Brizzy. :-)

Gnome

 
At 7:12 AM, Blogger Gronk said...

Great to see you're getting out there pain free Lulu. :)

 
At 8:42 AM, Blogger 2P said...

Can I send some of my shirts over for you to scrub on that new washboard you are going to have?

Good to see you running Lulu ;-)

 
At 3:28 PM, Blogger Ewen said...

This is all sounding really good - even the crazy abs lady bit.

Don't forget to give any Brisvegas CRs you bump into a punch in the guts for me - especially that Tesso - her abs need testing.

 
At 4:19 PM, Blogger Tesso said...

Hey, maybe we can catch up in Brissie seeing though we couldn't do so in Sydney. Let us know when you are free. You might even get to see the baaaaaby :-)

 
At 7:21 PM, Blogger running uphill said...

Sounds like a full week. I definitely know what you mean about the weekend as I'm working 6 days a week for the next few weeks! Two days is usually not long enough.

 
At 3:18 AM, Blogger Black Knight said...

Week end....for me now it is always week end until the next year! Great to know that you can run without pain.

 
At 5:29 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

How's the plan going, Lulu?

 
At 8:36 PM, Blogger CJ said...

I NEED the crazy abs lady!!!! It sounds like you are doing more running than me, in fact I think everyone is doing more than me! And now it looks like I might have strained a groin muscle cycling the other day! Help! I'm falling to bits :-(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home