Sunday, October 28, 2007

Hello park!

I pretty much stuck to the plan this week. I didn't make it to Spin on Wednesday as I couldn't get out of bed early enough, then I took my stuff to work with me but got stuck in traffic and then discovered I didn't have any shoes with me... It will take me a few weeks to get used to this commuting lark!

I did manage to do the most important bits of the week though and that was the three runs and my strength stuff so I'm beginning to feel like I am getting back on track.

Tuesday and Friday I pottered out for between 25 and 30 mins walk/run. Managed to do 25 mins on Friday with only 2.5 mins walking in the whole lot and nothing hurt! That's big progress to how I was a few months ago.

Today I headed down to see my old friend Centennial Park. I decided to do an outside loop of the park which is about 6.5kms. I didn't want to overdo things so I just stuck to running a max of 10 mins at a time before having a walk break. Took me about 55 mins to do the whole thing and about 25 mins of running, again with no pain. Things are looking up!

This week's plan as follows:

Mon: Glute Torturer
Tues: Walk/Run 30 mins
Weds: Swim and strength
Thurs: Spin
Fri: 30 mins walk run and strength
Sat: Spin and pilates
Sun: 60 mins walk/run

There will be a crazy abs lady session in there somewhere so this might change something. She managed to double book herself yesterday and so I missed out on my session. We're hoping to book something in for one evening this week. The crazy abs lady is not really crazy, just a bit eccentric. She does have some very interesting ideas about core stability, or core activation as she prefers to think of it. She was one of the orginial pilates instructors in Australia and used to do a lot of rehab work. She became a bit disatisfied with the results she was getting from Pilates and has now developed some of her own methods, which she calls Method One pilates. I must say after just 10 days of the exercises she has prescribed me I am beginning to feel more core stability so I'll stick with if for a few months. I've been doing pilates for years and I'm still getting injured and I'm still being told that I don't have enough core stability so I'm interested to see if she can get better results. Watch this space. More info on her website http://www.methodone.com.au

6 Comments:

At 2:08 PM, Blogger 2P said...

Lol when I saw that web addy I thought it was for a drug replacement therapy :-)

Nice work lulu - sounds like you are getting in the ones that count.

 
At 5:01 PM, Blogger Ewen said...

I'll have to ask our crazy Karen about Method One.

I like "nothing hurt" and "no pain". You're on the way Lulu :)

 
At 6:54 PM, Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

The three sweetest words in the English language - "and nothing hurt"! Love it :-)

Gnome

 
At 9:33 PM, Blogger Samurai Running said...

You should stick with her Lulu. It's the crazy ones especially health workers and army generals that seem to get success ;)

My only friend "Park" at the momment is a kindly old Korean gentleman.

 
At 12:29 AM, Blogger Neese said...

goodness i thought methodone was what killed anna nicole.... whew.

 
At 7:54 PM, Blogger running uphill said...

Great to hear that you have had some good runs. Some serious sounding exercise happening with you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home