Saturday, December 08, 2007

The new Lulu is a good Lulu

I may not have been blogging but I have been pretty much sticking to the plan. Whilst big Kev has been out signing Kyoto I've been undoing all his good work by traversing the country. Since I last visited I have been in Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth, staggering through the door at 11pm last night.

The only time naughty Lulu came out to play was in Melbourne when the naughty boys in our Melbourne office took me out drinking, or to be more precise we sat in the office drinking and I didn't make it out of bed to go running on the Friday. I made up for it in the evening though when I arrived in Adelaide, by going out for my 30 mins. My sense of direction let me down though and if it weren't for running into some orienteering types with maps I would still be wandering the park lands of Adelaide looking for my hotel.

A river theme ran through the rest of my runs which included a couple of runs along the Torrens in Adelaide and then along the Swan river in Perth, not to mention a couple of gym visits and this morning's visit to the crazy ab lady. This mus
t all pay off eventually????

The best news is that I have now done about 6 or 7 30 mins runs, including a back to back effort on Thurs/Fri this week so I'm now up to 4 x 30 mins per week and nothing hurts, except the lungs although it's beginning to get a bit better. I'm amazed at how unfit I got on this lay off, mainly because of doing nothing much for a month in Europe. Anyway, it's all good and I'm looking forward to being told by the lovely Brad (physio) this week that I can start building up the mileage gradually. I'm aiming to be back for my traditional comeback 10km at Canberra in April. That seems very achievable at this stage and I'm hoping it's the last year that it's the 'comeback' race!

5 Comments:

At 2:19 PM, Blogger speedygeoff said...

Great news, good lulu. We will see you, or one of the many alternative versions there-of, in April. I am just drawing up my 2008 plans and Canberra Marathon is looking good.

 
At 3:08 PM, Blogger Ellie80 said...

that is all seriously good news! will be great when I am back in the hood and I will certainly milk you for motivation :)

 
At 8:46 PM, Blogger Celeste said...

Hey - you were in Perth?? Next time you are over this way, let me know. The river is a fabulous place to run. Perth is made for runners I reckon.

 
At 9:19 PM, Blogger Ewen said...

You're going well Lulu!

I'm impressed with your 30-minute run after stepping off the plane in Adelaide. You know you can 'fly green' if you're worried about undoing big Kev's good work :)

Of course it'll pay off eventually - with a fifty-something-something 10k in Canberra!

 
At 10:39 PM, Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

The good thing about running along rivers is that it's harder to get lost. 4 x 30min per week means that you're getting back into it strongly. Don't worry about the breath. It'll come back. It took me months before I had a run that felt like a good run (but it was worth the work/wait! :-) )

Gnome

 

Post a Comment

<< Home