Saturday, January 26, 2008

Time for a quick update

I can't believe how time flies! It's been nearly two weeks since I posted. I had a bad week the week before last with only two runs and one gym workout as I felt so exhausted all the time.

This week has been a lot better and I've just come back from the park. I'm still working on the speed and it seems to be coming together but I don't have a lot of endurance at the moment. I'm thinking of adding in one Spin class or something similar a week so that I can do a longer aerobic session without adding too many miles.

Today I drove down to the park with the idea to see how long I could run at a reasonable pace before needing a walk break. The answer is I could manage 2.25km at 5.50/km pace before I stopped for a short walk. I then did another 1km at 5.54 pace and another 750m a bit slower for a total of 4km with a average pace of 6 min pace. Not too shabby considering! Now I just need to work on keeping it up for longer...

That's all for now, I'll try and catch up with everyone's blogs after the weekend, as we're off to visit Mr Lulu's Dad for the weekend. Happy running Australia Day all youse!

4 Comments:

At 7:24 PM, Blogger Samurai Running said...

Hi Lulu

That first paragraph sounds like the beginning of an "AA" meeting just replace "posted" with "had a drink," and "two runs" with "two beers" and "one gym" with "one scotch."


Not to worry, you'll get back into it. I've also not been doing all that I should lately.

 
At 2:43 PM, Blogger Ewen said...

Youse! Lulu, you have shattered my belief that you are one of those refined ladies - like the ones on Gosford Park, which by the way, is the DVD I put on when I need some sleep.

Well done with the faster stuff - sub-6 minute ks is good going.

Scott is not doing all that he should, as his spare time is spent trying to explain to his wife the small Japanese humidity problem.

 
At 5:56 PM, Blogger Jen said...

'bout time ;-P

Geez girl, you are flying these days. A spin session might be a good idea to give you a bit more endurance without too much pounding on the legs.

 
At 7:39 AM, Blogger running uphill said...

Good work on the speedier running Lulu!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home