Sunday, November 02, 2008

Back already

After weeks of silence I'm back already with a quick race report from the Sri Chinmoy 16km at the Bay this morning.

A good fun hit-out and it was good to catch up with some old CRs and meet some new ones. I took it pretty easily at the start and was soon at the rear of the pack but that was fine as I was sticking to my designated pace. I settled into a good rhythm, tuned into the music on my ipod and felt pretty comfortable over the first 8 km.

I had a bit of flat spot between 10-12 km and my knee was niggling a bit but once I hit the last turn around I felt pretty good and made the run for home, overtaking a few people on the way back. Mr Lulu was waiting for me one km out, and he dragged me home with a last km at 5.55 pace so I must have had something left in the tank. According to Garth MkII we covered 16.2 kms in 1.40.15 at an average pace of 6.12/km. Very happy with that and I appear not to have broken anything although there are a few sore bits and pieces.

Mr lulu came 7th and took home a trophy.. show off!!

3 Comments:

At 7:52 PM, Blogger Samurai Running said...

Hey Lulu

good job with that race. All things considered you must feel good about coming out of that as you did.

What's next?

 
At 8:27 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

You should come over this way more often!

I didn't even know Sri Chinmoy was on or I'd have gone down to cheer you on!

 
At 9:34 PM, Blogger Ewen said...

Is that you again?! How do I get any peace around here? ;)

Good race for yourself and Garth - 6:12 ks is excellent for that distance, as is the 5:55 last k. Well done!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home