Sunday, November 16, 2008

I can't think...

of a title for this post, so that will have to do.

After my appearance at the Sri Chimnoy 2 weeks ago I've had to take a little break. I developed various aches and pains and so took a week off to let things settle down and just did some swimming and gym stuff. Then I did an interval session on Tues and really struggled and then my hamstring attachment was sore.. sometimes I do wonder why I subject myself to this torture !!

I then had a few days of travelling to Melbourne and Colac and felt so exhausted I couldn't be bothered to run, so this morning I headed out to do a longish run and see what was broken!!

Apparently nothing is too bad but I'm still getting a bit of pain in my knee area.. actually underneath my knee on the outside. I think it's a calf attachment but who knows. Anyway I managed 9km today and am quite happy with that. I'm hoping to get back to a bit more training this week as I'd like to do a 10km out at SMC at the end of December. I think a trip to the lovely Brad is required though to see he can get to the bottom of what's going on in the knees.

A bit of a whinging Pom post but it's the facts!! At least my swimming is improving. Even though I'm only going once or twice a week there is definite improvements and I'm thinking of going back to the swim squad at the gym in a couple of weeks. I just need a bit more swim fitness otherwise I'll die doing an hour's session!

Just finished reading Haruki Murakami's book 'what I talk about when I talk about running'; an interesting little book about how he has run 6 miles a day for the last 25 years and has done 30 odd marathons. Lots of things to relate to in terms of why he runs and how it helps him in his work as a novelist. Thanks to Ben for buying if for Steve's birthday.. I did let Steve read it first of course!

5 Comments:

At 5:29 AM, Blogger Samurai Running said...

Hey Lulu

Hope the pains work themselves out.

I have been reading Murakami's books for a long time but didn't know he was a runner until this book. I'm going to have to read it.

I also didn't know "Mr Lulu" had another name.

 
At 7:22 PM, Blogger Ewen said...

It's not torture! You love it! Hang in there Lulu and your legs will be carrying you over the ground faster than ever.

That does sound like an interesting book - I'll have to put it on my Christmas list.

 
At 9:27 AM, Blogger CJ said...

Hi Lulu

I have finally crawled out from underneath my rock when I've been for months now licking my wounds. Now I'm trying to catch up on all my fave blogs.

Don't you hate it when you can't think of blog titles. I experience blog-title envy when I read other people's posts and think 'why didn't I think of that' when i see their witty, creative, clever, etc titles!

 
At 7:52 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

A very happy & successful 2009, Lulu.

 
At 9:01 PM, Blogger Ewen said...

Woo hoo, Lulu! Are you still alive?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home