Friday, June 17, 2005

Another Fartlek session

Another training session with SWEAT this morning. We did the fartlek session around the outside of Centennial again. We didn't have the grey hound like runner with us this morning and so I didn't get quite so left behind this week. There was another woman runner there so at least there some was someone between me and the front runners. Sean ran a couple of the surges with me and would run ahead and say "Come on overtake me!" Yeah, right.. maybe if you ran backwards I could catch you.. fortunately he ran nice and slowly so I had the satisfaction of overtaking him at one point!

I definately handled this session better than last week.. can I be getting fitter already? Last week it took me over 44 mins to finish and this week only 41.37 so perhaps I am improving already. We'll see what happens next week.

On my way back out of the park I spotted a CR cap in the distance and said Hey CR. It turned out to be Don Juan so I stopped for a brief chat before tackling the traffic and long hill back home on the bike.

I've got a bit of a sore shin so I hope I'm not developing shin splints. I'll have to put some ice on it later and do some more stretching when I'm doing Pilates this afternoon.

2 Comments:

At 9:52 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

SWEAT sessions seem to be working well, Lulu; of course you're getting fitter, but as you said : hope you're not getting shin splints, so be careful, don't overdo things &, most of all...avoid injury!

 
At 4:55 PM, Blogger Gronk said...

Hi Lulu. Take it easy on the shins. Ice, ice, ice. Ease up with the training if you feel its getting worse. Fingers crossed. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home