Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Intervals

Yesterday ended up being an extra rest day. Just didn't feel up to running in the morning and had very sore left achilles later in the day. I'm not sure what caused that as it had been a lot better.

Back on track this morning though with my second session with SWEAT down in Centennial Park. This session was a interval training session. I've discovered that there is a benefit to being one of the slower ones - less intervals for me! I did 1 x400 1x800 1x400 1x800 while some of the faster ones did 5 x 800. I probably could have pushed myself a bit more in the second 400 interval but I quite enjoyed the session. Times were 1.55, 4.19, 2.09, 4.32. Lots of room for improvement there!.

I had a quick chat with Sean about what races I should think about doing and he suggested sticking to some of the shorter 5-10km races for a while and think about doing another half next year which will give me time to really build up a good base and try to develop a little more speed. That sounds good to me and there are plenty of 10km races around so that should be easy. I'll do the bridge run instead of the half in September and then see what else is around.

I also met CR Amjan who was training this morning and look forward to seeing her again in the next few weeks.

Slightly revised plan this week as I'll do a run tomorrow and then do an extra pilates class and cardio session on Saturday morning before we go away to Orange for the weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home