Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Some good news!

After a good massage and some acupuncture my hip feels a lot better. Diagnosis seems to be that my glutes have just become too tight.. more stretching required here. This is also my weak side and although Pilates is strengthening them they are becoming fatigued and tightening up so I need to give them a bit of a break! This is good news as I thought that I had done something more serious, but once everything had been loosened up - no pain, so it seems nothing is torn.

Plan for this week is that I will do a couple of Pilates mat classes, which don't work the glutes as much as reformer, on Thursday and Friday. I'll do some cardio at the gym tomorrow and probably try a swim on Friday. Then I'm allowed to attempt a light run on Sunday and see what happens.

A bit too much all round I think with the new training with SWEAT and quite a few Pilates sessions. Time to back off a bit I think and build back up. I'm just glad it's nothing more serious and this will also give my shins a bit of time to recover although they were feeling fine on Monday's run. The trials and tribulations of a finely tuned athlete :)

2 Comments:

At 7:11 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Good news that it's nothing serious with your hip, Lulu. Trials & tribulations....you're so right! Backing off a bit will hurry up the recovery process, so keep at it.

 
At 9:31 PM, Blogger silverfox said...

Hi Lulu

You will find that stretching your hips and glutes is really important for your long term running enjoyment. They are also the gateway to the ITB which is another chronic running injury area. Take the time to stretch both and you will really notice a big difference. When you are at your next sean williams session ask a few of the other runners about different stretches for hips and glute, you should get some good ones.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home