Saturday, January 03, 2009

Happy New Year!

I can't quite believe another year has passed! I have been remiss in keeping up the blog and slightly remiss in not doing a lot of running since I last posted.

After doing the 16km race I developed a few niggles in various places mainly shins and hamstring and I cut back a bit on the running. I had a lovely few weeks where all the training was still in my legs and I managed to do a 10km training run in just under an hour quite comfortably which is amazing considering I've never managed that in a race!

I'm now fully recovered though and whilst freezing ourselves to death here in the UK we have been out for a number of runs. We arrived here on Boxing Day complete with a nasty cold. A few days later though I was feeling a lot better and we headed East from the house out along the beachfront.. very chilly but quite a nice 35 mins.

Yesterday I did a 40min run West from the house and around the local marsh with the birds and the wild ponies for company ( once Mr lulu headed off) I did a couple of fartlek sessions to test out that the hammy is fully recovered and it felt OK.

My only wish for 2009 is to have an injury free year. I think the 3 run, 2 cross training sessions was working well, except I may have ramped it up a bit quickly as I started to fall to pieces once I hit about 14km long runs so I'm going to carry on with the general principle but build up the long run a bit more slowly. I'm certainly running a bit quicker on my average runs and Mr lulu reports a big improvement in running form, thanks to all the strength stuff I've been doing.

Happy New year to everyone! Let's all stay fit and uninjured this year..

1 Comments:

At 3:21 PM, Blogger Ewen said...

Great to hear from you Lulu. I thought you may have taken up another spot - like badminton or something!

I envy your cool temps for running, as we swelter in 30+C days.

Sounds like your running is going well - that 10k time-trial was amazing - sub-60! Great stuff. Stay injury-free and aim for sub-55 in '09!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home